Skip to main content
Jess
Dedicated June 2022

Wedding Favor Ideas

Jess, on January 9, 2020 at 2:31 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 1 26
Saved

Hey everyone! What are your wedding favors going to be? Or what was your favorite/least favorite from another wedding? General thoughts and opinons on wedding favors?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Marisa, on January 11, 2020 at 12:23 AM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Edible favors are always best, otherwise you risk having a ton left over. Most people don't want a shot glass or a coaster with someone else's name and wedding date. That being said, we gave out blankets as favors for our late November wedding. We got a great deal on them and were fine with donating any leftovers. They were a huge hit and we didn't have any left.

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We aren't having wedding favors, they were an unnecessary expense for us. The general rule is that the best favors are edible/drinkable. More than likely, no one will use a koozie/bottle opener/etc. personalized with your names and wedding date. But food is always a hit! When we were thinking of doing wedding favors, we planned on having some sort of candy in a bag with a tag that said "A sweet ending to our new beginning" Smiley smile

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

As a guest:

Favorite - Christmas Ornament (we each got one - one was a gold deer & the other was a silver angel) & wine stopper (it was a shamrock)

Least Favorite - Super gross college-themed cookies (looked cute but tasted SO BAD)

As a bride:

We did wine stoppers with the Colorado Mountains & lavender potpourri bags. Almost all the wine stoppers were taken and probably 60% of the potpourri bags (which we anticipated & ended up keeping the rest and giving more to our parents). We had a TON of food so edible favors wouldn't have been that great.

• Jess
    Dedicated June 2022
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The candy is a really cute idea! And I 100% agree- I hate when couples put their name on their favors.

• Jess
    Dedicated June 2022
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ooh the potpourri bags are such a nice idea! My FH and I are major foodies so we also plan on having a lot of food at our reception meaning edible favors might not be the way to go.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah - we had SO many appetizers, a ton of food for dinner (in addition to salad & bread before), and SO many desserts. Plus coffee & a full open bar. No one was hungry at the end of our wedding! We did the potpourri bags because my mom and dad did the same favors at their wedding Smiley smile

• Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I’m going edible. I found this chocolate covered coffee bean idea on Instagram, and I’m all about it. 😍 Wedding Favor Ideas 1

• Ocbride2019
    Dedicated June 2019
    Ocbride2019 ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t think they were necessary, but I did succulents in mini tin buckets with the guest name on homemade plant tags. We has them on the tables already, so it added a nice touch to the tables, along with the centerpieces. I’ve received scratch off lotto tickets, chapstick with custom labels on them, olive oil, and greeting-card sized place cards with the guest’s name written on one side, and on the other side, there was an picture of the guest with either the bride or groom (often an older photo). That one was especially fun because everyone was checking out everyone else’s photos and they brought up discussions about what was going on in the photos.
  • Nandi
    Dedicated March 2021
    Nandi ·
    • Flag
    Our idea for favors are little lottery scratch off tickets in an envelope that says “I hope you find a winner like I have” 😀
  • Kaitlin
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    We are thinking about doing a dessert bar.. my aunt is a baker and offered to bake us extra treats in addition to cake and cupcakes! so we are just gonna get treat bags and let people take what they want!
  • Kaitlin
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love that idea!!!
  • Nandi
    Dedicated March 2021
    Nandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much!! I love your dessert bar idea too ! 😀
  • Jess
    Dedicated June 2022
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that idea!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    We just did glow sticks and candy
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

You can never go wrong with something edible. We're thinking of doing a dessert table. We're going to have little personalized goodie bags that they can fill up.

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    We're doing this. $17 for 60 bottles, then added candy and the ribbon. Wedding Favor Ideas 2

• Laurel
    Beginner February 2020
    Laurel ·
    • Flag

My favorite is the dessert bar and goodie bags! We are doing a popcorn bar and suggesting people take bags to go. Most have a long drive home if they didn't get a hotel!

• Jess
    Dedicated June 2022
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Those are so cute! Where did you find those?

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The jars and ribbon were from Amazon. The stickers I bought at party city.
  • Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07T7CW89S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics