Mcclave
Dedicated July 2022

Wedding Dress Price Range?

Mcclave, on June 28, 2021 at 11:23 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 46
Saved
What price range does everyone spend on wedding dresses?

46 Comments

Latest activity by H And, on July 15, 2021 at 11:27 AM
  • Lisa
    Super October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    My budget was $1,200 but was willing to spend $1,500. Found my dress for $1,100!
  • Molly
    Expert August 2021
    Molly ·
    • Flag

My dress budget was about $2000 with alterations and I found my dress for $890 (taxes included) at a second-hand boutique. However, I'm adding a corset back, getting it hemmed, adding some sleeves, and taking it in (it was about 4 sizes too big). Alterations are around $900 as well due to all the stuff needed to do to it.

• Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    My max budget was $1,000 but I bought mine for $800.
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

Australia here, so slightly different dollar value, but I was open to paying up to $4k, got mine for about $2k.

• Richaelyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Richaelyn ·
    • Flag
    My dress was originally $1,399, went on sale for $1,250 then received an additional discount and it ended up being $1,130. Alterations will be $310 so I’ll be spending around $1,400 for my dress altogether.
  • Ashley
    Devoted June 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

My budget was $2000, actual dress was around $1700 and then with alterations $2300.

• Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    I was looking between $2-3k although I was hoping to spend less. I found my dress for $1250.
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    This is a very personal subject. It will depend on budget and what you’re able/comfortable spending. I knew nothing about wedding dresses or their price. I thought $500 was a reasonable budget. I quickly found out unless it’s David’s Bridal it’s not. My dress was originally $1600 and I bought it off the rack for 50% off so $800. Which was still a lot to me. Then $100 on alterations. I couldn’t imagine spending $1000+ on a dress period let alone one that I’ll wear for maybe 8 hrs! But, for some people that’s not an issue at all. I suggest doing some research on dresses/designers you like to get a feel for prices and see what your budget will allow and go from there.
  • Jasmine E.
    Rockstar May 2022
    Jasmine E. ·
    • Flag
    My budget going in was $1200 but there was actually nothing in the store that low. I tried on a lot that I liked and ended up getting one for $1900 because my mom loved it
  • Ava
    VIP May 2022
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    You’re likely going to get a huge price range, as there is no “one size fits all” cost of wedding gowns. It is going to depend on what designer is chosen, and how intricate the dress is. And, most importantly, on your own personal financial situation (or that of the person paying for it). For example, I chose a designer gown that has a lot of intricate details, and my dress was over $10,000 (it was also paid for by my father, otherwise I never would have been able to afford it!). When my sister got married, she chose a designer gown that was a lot less detailed and it was $6k. A close friend of mine chose a beautiful dress from a designer that specializes in more affordable options, and it was only $2500. There is a huge range of prices and options out there to fit everyone’s needs!
  • SHY
    Master January 2022
    SHY ·
    • Flag

My budget was $1500 if I REALLY loved the dress. I ended up getting two dresses and will alterations I'll end up spending around $1800. A little over budget, but I also paid for mine myself and wanted to treat myself lol.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    Going in I said I didn't want to spend over $1200 for my dress. I ended up finding one that I loved for $1400 which I was fine with paying but they were having a sale. The dress that I wanted ended up having 2 sales tags on it by accident, so the manager of the store gave me both discounts. I ended up paying $600 for my dress 🤗🥰.

Turns out, one of the employees forgot to take the previous sales tag off the dress, the manager hurried and snatched it off once I purchase mine 🤣
  • Courtney
    Expert September 2022
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I originally wanted to spend about $500 on a dress and was willing to spend about $800 for alterations because I had some unique things I wanted.

Found a dress online that I fell in love with that was $4k, and ended up going to a seamstress that is going to custom make my dress for just under $2k that won't need any alterations because it's being made to my fit.

• Nicole
    Devoted August 2022
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    My first appointment is in a couple weeks, so I haven't made a purchase yet, but my budget is $2000.
  • Jessi
    Super October 2022
    Jessi ·
    • Flag

Before I knew how much most wedding dresses cost I said maybe $500. After looking into what I actually liked and talking things over with my fiancé (he was the one who really pushed me to consider something more expensive) I decided my budget for just the dress would be $1,500, but would be okay going up to $1,800. Ended up finding my dress for $1,300 so I came in under budget!

• Mcclave
    Dedicated July 2022
    Mcclave ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Where do I start with figuring out a designer I like?
  • Katherine
    Expert October 2021
    Katherine ·
    • Flag
    I bought my dress for 1100 my budget was 1000.
  • Jessi
    Super October 2022
    Jessi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If you have a few shops near you that you plan to check out, their websites may have a list of designers they carry and you could start there. Pinterest is always a good one too to start trying to find silhouettes you like.

• Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

You can spend $100 or $10,000 (or more or less). I personally didn't want to dump a ton of money on a dress I was only going to wear once.

I ended up with two dresses (ceremony and reception) and spent less than $600 on them, with alterations and shipping. I purchased them pre-owned/through consignment, so saved a ton of money that way. New they would have cost closer to $3000.

Regardless of your budget for the dress itself, you should also set aside money for alterations and accessories, like shoes, veil, hair pieces, etc. Alterations typically cost $50-$800 depending on how extensive they are. Most brides need hemming at minimum, and a bustle added if the dress has a train. It's also likely you'll need some parts of your dress taken in or fitted to your exact shape and proportions.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

Everyone has a different budget. for me i was willing to go up to 500 but was hoping to stay around 300. i felt like that was a decent enough budget in terms of what i was willing to spend. but in the end i paid less than 30 for my gown since i bought just an evening dress in white

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics