Anais
Beginner September 2022

Wedding - Coronavirus

Anais, on March 13, 2020 at 9:49 AM Posted in Planning 0 23
Saved
Reply
Ladies, I have no idea of what to do. My wedding is in three months. The whole situation with the virus is getting out of control and at this point, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I should postpone everything and change my wedding date. I haven’t send official invitations yet. We were planning to send them within the next weeks but we are concerned that people due to fear will not want to come.

23 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 19, 2020 at 1:34 AM
  • Virginia
    Super June 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag

    You're worried about 3 months from now? My wedding is in 27 days. I am sure things will be fine by then.

    • Reply
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

    I think by June things will have calmed down. I understand your concern about people declining just because of what is going on. But maybe just wait a little bit to send out invites. That gives some more time.

    • Reply
  • Victoria
    Dedicated January 2021
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t stress, you still have time. My wedding is in 8 days and idk what I’m going to do 😔
    • Reply
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

    Don't make any decisions yet. Imagine how disappointed you will be if you cancel and then June rolls around and things are much improved.
    I would send the invites but maybe push back the RSVP date to allow people more time to assess and make a decision about their attendance.
    If things are still looking bleak mid-end April I would begin contacting vendors to ask about options for postponing (not necessarily backing out- but just getting your options laid out).

    All the best

    • Reply
  • Eshell
    Devoted July 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    You will be okay 3 months from now !
    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You could wait to send invites if anything but I’d hope to think that by June it’s ok
    • Reply
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    It’s a bit early to be sending out invitations as is. Hold off and see how things progress. The heat is supposed to help kill off the virus so I’m hopeful the situation will improve in the coming months.
    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

    I think all you can do right now is listen to the news and heed the advice of officials. Contact your venue/ vendors and ask of penalties, so you are well prepared IF that day comes. Our wedding is in October and it's a destination wedding. I think it's too early to panic (I'm moving full steam ahead with our plans including travel next week for FHs son's spring break).

    If the government places the entire country on a mandatory 2 week quarantine, I believe we will slowly cure ourselves by taking ourselves and others out of the incubation period. There is just so much panic right now, no one is really thinking clearly.

    • Reply
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I’m sorry that some people are belittling your concerns because their date happens to be closer. You are allowed to be concerned so don’t listen to comments that make you feel silly for being worried. This is not a contest. 3 months is a short amount of time! My wedding isn’t until October and while the pandemic may pass by then, I’m worried about how the economy will be affected by then, how our income will be affected, how many family members will be able to afford travel, etc. I say take it day for the next month or so, then start putting a plan in place. Your concerns are valid. Stay positive! ❤️
    • Reply
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag

    I think there is an important point being missed. For those of us with June weddings, we haven't paid the big amounts to vendors yet. We still have a chance to save that money for another date. We're trying to decide if we should risk all the money that those will weddings coming up are worried about...

    What are your thoughts on that?

    • Reply
  • Springbride
    Dedicated 0000
    Springbride ·
    • Flag
    I'm also a june bride, I heard the warm weather will help deter the virus, we are also expecting a warmer than normal spring. as of now I wouldn't do anything besides wait and see a lot can change in 3 months.
    • Reply
  • Anais
    Beginner September 2022
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My fiancé is in the military. If worst to worst, October would be the latest we could switch it too.
    • Reply
  • Anais
    Beginner September 2022
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thank you so much dear. I've noticed that those who are supposed to get married soon are belittling my concerns because mine happens to be in three months. What they don't know is that my venue has already cancelled on me too. They just did it today. We have no clue what's going to happen now. My fiance is in the military and he is supposed to leave right after everything calms which means that now everything will be delayed.


    Thank you for your kindness Smiley heart

    • Reply
  • Anais
    Beginner September 2022
    Anais ·
    • Flag

    Quick update: our venue has already cancelled on us. They aren't taking the risk to have weddings for the next months. Most of my wedding vendors have cancelled on me. Thankfully, they have been very supportive to the circumstances and they are willing to roll it over to any other day we choose.

    • Reply
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m so sorry to hear that. I feel horrible for you and your fiancé. No weddings are safe. As a matter of fact, my OCTOBER wedding might fall through. I just heard that my venue fired all but one employee and may not survive this whole thing. If I don’t have a venue my whole wedding will fall apart. So to those that think later weddings are safe, they may not be. Smiley sad
    • Reply
  • Anais
    Beginner September 2022
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    We are definitely switching now since our vendors have cancelled on us. They have given us a year to select a new date for our wedding

    • Reply
  • Anais
    Beginner September 2022
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Oh no. I'm so sorry for that. Maybe you guys can wait until it all gets better to select a new date. We are on the same boat. We told all vendors that we couldn't predict a date cause we don't know how long this situation will last.

    • Reply
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We moved ours too... Smiley sad
    • Reply
  • Anais
    Beginner September 2022
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    We haven't selected a date yet either just because we don't even know how long all this will last

    • Reply
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly this!!!
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics