Santasia
Savvy October 2019

Wedding Called off

Santasia, on September 7, 2019 at 12:00 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 6
Saved
Hi Guys,

I am very sad! My newly ex fiancé called off the wedding stating he made the decision because he was scared. He said he knew that he would be a great husband, a great father to my son, yet not the best dad to his son. His son lives with his mother. He’s the best father ever yet his dad was not in his life. He wants to be friends but I’m so hurt that I don’t know what to do. I thought we were meeting up to talk about our future in regards to moving forward. We didn’t have any bad issues in our relationship, never any infidelity. He feels like he is handling to much of everyone’s problems and not finding his own happiness l. I am very confused

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on September 8, 2019 at 1:31 AM
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    Hi there:

I’m so sorry.

Do you believe that this can be worked out before telling your friends and family that you’ve called it off?

What about pushing the date out further?
  • Jeanie
    Super February 2020
    Jeanie ·
    • Flag
    I’m so sorry. Unfortunately if he’s having a change of heart, there’s nothing you can do to change that. Whatever is going on in his mind has nothing to do with you. The best you can do is try to appreciate that he’s figured this out now instead of after the wedding. And no, I would not continue to be friends. You don’t get to have it both ways when you break a promise of marriage.
  • L. Thomson
    Expert October 2020
    L. Thomson ·
    • Flag
    I'm very sorry. It would be hard to remain friends, but maybe you will feel differently later on. It almost sounds like he's afraid of being just like his dad. Maybe suggest for him to go through therapy.
  • 8Bitbek
    Devoted October 2020
    8Bitbek ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I 100% agree that therapy would be beneficial.
  • Naikesha
    Super September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag
    Sorry to hear this! Just try and be there for him and I agree therapy might help.
  • Amber
    Devoted April 2022
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    I’m very sorry this is happening to you. I’ve been through a broken engagement and it’s such a hard thing to go through. I will say this though, I was so thankful that the relationship ended before we got married vs going through with the wedding. It sounds to me that he needs some therapy. It makes no sense to me how he thinks he’d be a good husband to you and father to your son, but by doing so he’d be a bad father to his own son?? Sounds like there’s something else going on with him.

I would suggest removing yourself from the situation completely at least for a few weeks. I know that’s easier said than done, but you need to do that for your own emotional health. Don’t let him string you along by staying friends until he figures out if he wants to be with you or not. If you want to talk to someone that’s been through a similar situation, I’m here for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics