So originally my wedding date was May 2020 and we postponed until November 2020. I wish we originally postponed until May 2021. If I could change it I would 100% postpone. Unfortunately I’ll lose too much money on deposits. I think things will improve but not until we have a vaccine. You need to do what makes you feel comfortable. Good luck and be well my fellow bride 💕
I don’t think it’s too soon. Original November wedding, now postponed until May 2021. I didn’t want to stress anymore. We do have international travel involved, so I needed to decide sooner than some. I know how hard the decision is and the turmoil it creates. Good luck on deciding 💕
I don’t think it’s too early. You’ll probably need to make a decision soon because dates are going to be hard to come by with all the postponements & regularly scheduled 2021 weddings. Our wedding was October 2020, we postponed to October 2021.
I think now is a great time to figure out a backup date and start coming up with a plan with your vendors/venue, and you can always wait to make the final decision until September. This way, you would already have a plan in place in case you need it, and you can also still wait it out to see if things change for the better in the next couple months.
I just decided to officially postpone my wedding this week. I’ve been coming around to accepting that I won’t be able to have the wedding I want with all the people I love right now. I’m moving mine to November 2021. Even if things improve where I am, it just doesn’t seem that it will be safe to have large gatherings this year. I think you still have time, but it depends on your vendors so I’d talk to them and just see what their policies are.
Our wedding was originally set for May 2020, we rescheduled to October 2020. Now we are starting conversations with vendors about rescheduling again due to COVID-19. Definitely don’t think it is too early to make the call!
Not too soon we were originally July 4th moved back to September 4th the world still isn’t looking good so we have moved all the way back to 9/4/21. We did however go ahead and eloped so we still feel something special.
We’re set for December 2020 so I wouldn’t postpone just yet—things could look way different in 6-8 weeks. It’s really just so dependent on a lot of factors: are your guests having to fly to get to the wedding, total guest count, is the ceremony/reception indoors, is an outdoor wedding feasible in your area for November, etc.
My FH & I have discussed a plan B, C and D. Luckily our venue has lots of options for indoor/outdoor spaces, but if masks are going to be mandated for guests then we’re just going to elope. I don’t want to look back at wedding pictures and see masks 😭
We postponed our November 2020 wedding several months ago. Mainly because once we contacted our vendors, they informed us they were rapidly filling up for 2021 due to all the postponement/reschedules. I Would definitely suggest reaching out to your vendors ASAP and seeing what options they have available.
View Quoted Comment
I agree, we just postponed our October 2020 wedding to Oct 2021- I would at least start inquiring with your vendors to get a possible date at least on hold as more and more people are going to be postponing it’s better to get a head start to ensure everyone is available for when you want. Good luck! We’re all in this together!
I don’t think it’s to soon. We just postponed our September 2020 wedding and had to go with a date in August 2021 because we had issues with all of our vendors being available on the same date and our venue had very few dates left. I’d say the sooner the better just for that reason.