Private User
Dedicated July 2020

website Password?

Private User, on October 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 20
Saved Save
Asking THOSE WHO DID password protect their wedding website...what was your rationale? And THOSE WHO DIDN'T...what was your rationale?

20 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

We didn't password protect our wedding website. There was no information on there besides the date, which has been on our social media, so it's not a secret. We didn't give directions, put the time of the ceremony, or our venue. You could probably figure out our venue based on the surrounding hotels, but we don't have anyone who isn't invited that we're worried about crashing our wedding or anything, so it didn't seem necessary.

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter did password protect. They didn't want random people to easily find all the details. Their guest list max was 100 people (and half of that was family). Knowing there were people might expect to be, but who weren't going to be invited to the wedding, they tried to be fairly low key about sharing details to minimize the questions and comments. Except for the fact that they got engaged, they didn't post info about the wedding on social media.

• E
    Savvy January 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    I'm going to password protect mine because, by the time of the wedding, I'll be working as a therapist and don't want clients to be able to find such personal info. I want to maintain my and my partner's privacy.
  • N
    Dedicated November 2019
    Nita ·
    • Flag
    We did not password protect it but did made it not searchable so the only way you can find the site is my typing the full url in. Googling our names won’t pull it up
  • N
    Dedicated November 2019
    Nita ·
    • Flag
    Were not concerned about anyone crashing so didn’t see the need for a password but do want some level of privacy
  • M
    Expert September 2020
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    I’m going to password protected mine. I don’t want patients to be able to find those details online.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias Online ·
    • Flag
    We password protected ours because we've been married before and didn't want our exes to know all the details of the wedding.
  • Private User
    Dedicated July 2020
    Private User ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all for the feedback! Based on this I’ll continue with my password protected website!!
  • Bailey
    Dedicated November 2020
    Bailey ·
    • Flag

I think I will just because I have a few unsavory characters who may try to find information and crash the party

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did password protection and didn't make it visible in a Google search either. I think I just liked having all that privacy aha
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I have password protection on ours as well, I like to have privacy and I didn't want one my exes to know when/where I was getting married.

• Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

Certain portions of the wedding website are actually password protected such as the wedding venue, and the rsvp portion. I don't want random individuals or people that have caused us issues in the past to be able to access this information. We're pretty serious about this.Smiley laugh

• Brandi
    Devoted November 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    There are a lot of nosey people around us and I didn’t want people to have access to that information. Some of our friends would show up to the hotel although they’re not invited or people will act like guests just to see if they can get in. Other people would just snoop and we’re not sharing It with them. So, we chose to password protect our site.
  • Eshell
    Savvy January 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Which website are you using for your wedding website ? I’m so confused
  • Private User
    Dedicated July 2020
    Private User ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Zola! I love it! It helps you easily gather addresses from invitees too
  • Eshell
    Savvy January 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank You ....with Zola can I create my personal domain ?
    is it a lot of adds on the page ?
  • Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm using www.withjoy.com

• Eshell
    Savvy January 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Do you like it !?
    does it have adds on the page ?
    can I create my own domain ?
  • Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, NO and yes!! I really like it. It's simple, and the layout is great. I haven't seen any ads and you can create your own domain.

• Private User
    Dedicated July 2020
    Private User ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No ads! And I love it! You can pay additional to have your own personal domain which I did!

Comment on this discussion