We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Christin
Savvy June 2021

Wearing Diamond Band 24/7

Christin, on January 21, 2021 at 4:43 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save
Hey everyone! I have a silly question - my fiancé and I just purchased our wedding bands and mine has diamonds on it (not all around but maybe halfway). We got insurance on it in case anything happens but I’m just wondering how many of you wear your diamond wedding bands 24/7 and if they were harmed? I don’t wear my engagement ring 24/7 but will want to wear my band all the time.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on January 25, 2021 at 4:25 PM
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    My wedding band has pave diamonds halfway around. I take my ring off when washing dishes, showering, and working out. Otherwise, I'm wearing it. Since Covid, I barely wear my engagement ring.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I wear both rings all the time. Unless I’m showering, at the gym or maybe working in the yard I leave mine on. They are insured.
  • C
    Rockstar January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    I wear mine all the time except to shower, doing something messy (painting, making meatballs, etc), & kayaking (I’ve even worn it to do this a couple of times). My ring is fine. I’ve been married 2 years and haven’t had any issues. I get it checked every 4-5 months at the jeweler.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I never wear my engagement ring anymore but prior to getting my wedding band i wore my engagement ring only when i was out. the minute i got home i just took it off. especially when i slept there were times it would scratch me haha. i also find it more cumbersome than my wedding band which is just plain and thin

• Janessa
    Dedicated November 2022
    Janessa Online ·
    • Flag
    I take my engagement ring off to wash dishes, cooking or prepping with meat , shower , training at the gym , and never wear it while putting on lotion or makeup .. put it on after
  • Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag
    My wedding band has diamonds half way around. I wear it all the time, except for showering, working out, washing dishes, or cleaning with chemicals. I have a little ring tray next to my bed to keep my engagement ring on while sleeping.
  • A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Pre COVID I didn’t wear my wedding band 24/7, which also had diamonds. During covid I wear a simple band 24/7, sometimes I take it off but it’s normally on everyday.
  • A
    Expert September 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I wear both rings at all times. The ONLY exception is if I’m lifting weights and then I have a wristband I store them in. I don’t worry about it at all, it’s insured. I figure it’s much safer (and enjoyed!) on me than elsewhere.
  • Jacqueline
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Jacqueline ·
    • Flag

Hello Christin & all of you beautiful brides!

Of course, everyone should do whatever they feel is best for them!

Personally, I have not taken my engagement ring off (except a couple times to be cleaned back at our jewelers) since getting engaged over a year ago. I shower, workout, clean... I have worn a band of diamonds for the past 13 years on the other hand that I also have never taken off. If the diamonds are well set, you should be absolutely fine. :-)

However all that being said.... Insurance is a must!

Warmest Wishes to all!!

Jacqueline

Wearing Diamond Band 24/7 1

• MLS
    Dedicated September 2021
    MLS ·
    • Flag
    I wear mine when I'm awake only. I am scared of sleeping with jewelry. I also take it off for dishes and stuff like that.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    Wearing Diamond Band 24/7 2
    I wear my set just about everyday and take them off as soon as I get home. If I'm home cleaning or relaxing, I leave it safe in its jewelry box
  • Sydney
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Sydney ·
    • Flag

I wear my ring 24/7, with the exception of hand washing, showering/washing hair, washing dishes, etc. All of our rings were purchased at Kays, and with the insurance plan you can go in and get it cleaned/inspected every 6 months but you can get it cleaned as often as you want. My fiancé doesn't plan on wearing his ring with the diamonds at work, due to his job in the Army.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics