We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Aida
Devoted August 2020

We finally bit the bullet

Aida, on April 19, 2020 at 1:08 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 19
Saved Save

Okay. Let me start off by disclaiming, THIS IS A RANT. I just wanted to purge my feelings. No one else but you guys I think will understand what I am feeling right now. But I just wanted to release this. We finally came to the agreement that it was time to reschedule the wedding. This saddens me so much since we have been engaged since 2018 and I had everything planned for the last year and a half. I had the perfect date set. Earlier this month I talked to my venue coordinator and he let me set a tentative back up date and tonight my FH and I decided that it was the best option right now to take that back up date. It's not at all what I wanted. This has caused me so much stress and pain. But....I am still getting married. I still have my health, my family is okay for now. And I have done my part in trying to ensure the safety of myself, my FH, and our friends and families. So even though this was one of the most painful decisions ever, I feel like it was a good and responsible one.

19 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    Smiley smile I’m glad you were able to set a new date and I wish the best for you. I know it’s a hard decision to make and it’s more waiting but hey you got this!
  • Tonilynn
    Dedicated September 2020
    Tonilynn ·
    • Flag
    What is your new date?
  • Jochebed
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Jochebed ·
    • Flag
    I completely understand how you feel. I’m so lucky to have found you all, because no one else understands. We have canceled our wedding with absolutely no idea what our new date will be. Probably next year 2021. We still plan on getting married by law... honestly I’m distraught
  • ElucidBride215
    Savvy May 2021
    ElucidBride215 ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry Aida. If it helps, I'm totally right there with you. I don't want to wait with baited breath for the next few weeks for the government to decide it's basically not ok to have public gatherings over 50 in the next few months. Even if they eventually decide it's ok, our guests will be weary of travelling. There's no way to plan for that, and there's no joy in it. I think you are brave and smart to make that heartbreaking decision.

But you are SO not alone.

• MeetTheRobinsons
    Devoted June 2020
    MeetTheRobinsons ·
    • Flag

I totally understand how you feel and thank you for sharing. This is definitely the community to do so... LOL! We all are in this together and will get through. Great job on setting up your back-up date. My FH & I had to move our day from May to June and it looks like June may not happen due to COVID-19. I feel if we get to that point we'll just elope. I'm totally over it and this emotional roller coaster isn't worth my sanity.

• Claudia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Claudia ·
    • Flag

Awww I'm sorry you had to change your date. But yes, you are doing the responsible thing. I am hoping October will be ok, that's my wedding date. If not, i'll be letting my feelings out just like you! Hope it all works out! You're not alone! Your pain is our pain! Smiley xd

• Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Hopefully with this new date, you will be able to have the wedding of your dreams. At this rate, who knows if all of your guests could even legally attend a wedding! When was your wedding and when is it rescheduled for?

• Kari
    VIP May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Virtual hugs. Thanks so much for sharing. We're in a similar boat (haven't made a decision yet, but need to soon, trying to focus on the good things but still feeling shattered). It's always so helpful to hear from brides that just "get it" too!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Sending you so much virtual love!! Smiley heart You're still allowed to be bummed even if you found the next best option. Vent away!

giphy.gif

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's now Aug 29th 2020. Hopefully that's far enough in advance to be safe.

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I cried so much. I was so ready and had less than 2 months to get married after being engaged for 1.5 years. But at the end of the day, I am still getting married. We have our health, my FH is an amazing person regardless and we will be happy and have a happy marriage and life. It's still very hard since I was supposed to het married 34 days from today and now its 125. Ugh so close.

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah that's a concern for us too as to how many will actually show up. Which is sad because my mom, dad, and grandma are all important people to be at my wedding and they are all high risk. I hate all of this. I'm sure you hate this too.

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

People have suggested that we elope and have the party later. And that's a good idea for some people and I get it. But it's not what I wanted to do. Again, I'm not bashing on the idea of eloping but it's not for me personally. I hope things start clearing up by June for you and your FH. Best of luck to you and you have my support.

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hope October is clear for you too!! Good luck!!

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hope so too since we invited around 100 people since my FH's family is huge. We had it originally set for May 30th 2020. We had this date set for over a year and now is Aug 29th 2020. I hope this works.

• Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was holding out but after imagining never seeing people again because this virus, I figured that setting back would be better.

• MeetTheRobinsons
    Devoted June 2020
    MeetTheRobinsons ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you Aida... you're too sweet... my fingers are crossed...

• Marcie
    Savvy August 2020
    Marcie ·
    • Flag

Just want to encourage you... We are living in some very difficult time right now but this too shall pass and you will still have the wedding of your dreams... I am believing that every bride that had to cancel due this invisible thief who came to kill, steal and destroy our hope, health and our dream wedding. Will have the best wedding ever!!! .....

• Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Bummed and we understand too! You are being responsible because you will enjoy it much more if you are comfortable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles