D
Dedicated June 2021

Walking tacos

Doxie Mom, on April 18, 2021 at 10:10 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved
Hey! We were thinking of doing walking tacos for a late night snack! We would make the meat in crockpots and transfer to a nice serving tray with a few different of individual chips and a variety of toppings. This would be Later in the night after our catered dinner and appetizers.

Does this seem overboard? Would you enjoy that? Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jacks, on May 10, 2021 at 2:39 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    This will only work in a venue that doesn’t require a licensed caterer (your backyard or house of worship). It’s a know your crowd type food.
  • M
    Savvy August 2022
    Marion ·
    • Flag

YUM!

We are also doing late night snacks. We're having hot dogs and french fries Smiley smile

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

That sounds nice to me. but you definitely should check with what PP said because your venue definitely may have restrictions

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

I personally would LOVEEEEE that, especially if you will have alcohol at your reception. Who doesn't love tacos after drinking? lol

• Chelsea
    Expert June 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

This sounds so fun! Definitely double check with your venue. Mine will let me bring my own appetizers as long as they're pre-packaged. For example, a deli tray from Kroger, but not if it is something I prepare.

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

I would worry about food safety/temperatures/serving issues. Of course, that would depend on venue and kitchen logistics etc.

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

Just thought of something else, the caterers probably would not want that liability.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics