S
Beginner June 2021

Walking down the aisle

Sara, on March 25, 2020 at 7:43 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 1 13
Saved
Trying to figure out if I want the original songs or instrumental. What are your thoughts on original vs instrumental?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Molly, on March 26, 2020 at 2:41 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I prefer instrumentals.
  • Aubrianna
    Dedicated January 2022
    Aubrianna ·
    • Flag
    Sara,

We will plan to have a mix of both throughout our wedding. We have started two separate lists, one for “party” music that we hear and want to add; and one for “dinner” music that has slower or instrumental music that you can’t really dance to. We find that we add a bunch of music that we’re not really fond of if we add songs to the list outright or all at once (although there will always be songs that you know you want to add off the batt). We’re also planning to have mariachis for the ceremony/cocktail hour music although we thought about other “bands” in the process. I think that when the bride and groom are having a hood time and enjoying the music, it translates on to the guests. You can tell when they chose a do just to appease the crowd, because their friends from high school and college are boppin, and they’re not having the best time. So, I think overall it just depends on what would make you happiest.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my response! We’re attempting to execute a variety of what we love, and I think all couples should because in reality, if you’re comfortable, your guests will be too!
    Aubrianna Abbema
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I agree with PP, I prefer instrumentals.

• Springbride
    Dedicated 0000
    Springbride ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on the song, I found a song that I would keeps the lyrics, it has a line "now your walking down the isle" and that's when I would walk out. although I do want the lyrics to be softer so I'm going to see if my dj can do that for me.

but I also think instrumental is very classic

• Shania
    Devoted September 2021
    Shania ·
    • Flag
    I prefer instrumentals just because I think they are easier and sound more natural to fade out as you approach the alter
  • Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I am in the same boat as you!! I can't figure it out, however, I am leaning towards instrumentals. I like the vibe better.

• Liza
    Dedicated September 2021
    Liza ·
    • Flag

I had originally thought of walking down the aisle to "I Choose You" but decided instrumental would have the more sentimental and emotional effect I was looking for. It also just seemed more classic and we are both classic type people. I am having my girls and myself walk down the aisle to Pachelbel Canon ( in D Major, if you wanted to look it up). I think we might exit to "I Choose You" because I still like the lyrics for that song.

But I agree with Kristen that it matters how important lyrics are to you.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think original is nice for if the lyrics are sweet. For me I chose original due to that.
  • Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

I was always planning on having a super cute love song play as I walk down the aisle BUT unfortunately the venue I chose cannot have any amplified music. So, we had to hire a guitarist for the ceremony, but I'm actually super excited for it to just be instrumental now. I think it can be a lot more romantic. Either are great choices!

• Sutina
    Savvy July 2020
    Sutina ·
    • Flag

I like instrumental personally for walking down the aisle so people can focus on the bride. Then after the pronouncement we are walking out of the ceremony to lyrics that mean something to both of us. Smiley smile But you should choose what makes you the happiest.

• Tiffany
    Dedicated August 2021
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

We have an instrumental acoustic arrangement of Queen's Love of My Life for the bridal party, and then for me we're doing Hailey Reinhart's Can't Help Falling in Love.

• C
    Dedicated April 2020
    Cindy ·
    • Flag
    Music conveys so much, it really is a personal choice. Either way can be beautiful, it just depends on what speaks to you.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I am walking down the isle to The keeper of the stars by Tracy Bryd. I do not like instrumental music.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics