Skip to main content
Futuremrsm
Expert October 2020

Wait to book my honeymoon?

Futuremrsm, on February 25, 2020 at 9:55 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 14
Saved
Reply
So I'm following the news and I'm just seeing so many flights getting cancelled, cruises shutting down or being quarantined, or resorts being quarantined due to the coronavirus. Our honeymoon wouldn't be until october, but should I wait to book it? The outbreak could be better or worse at that point, but I'm also scared if we wait our resort might be booked. Thoughts?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Gracie, on March 19, 2020 at 1:06 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

    I wouldn't make any international travel plans right now. Maybe you could consider a domestic honeymoon immediately after the wedding and an international trip later on.

    • Reply
  • Futuremrsm
    Expert October 2020
    Futuremrsm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We were considering california so we may just go with that to be safe. It seems like its spreading so fast at this point and it's making me feel uneasy
    • Reply
  • Shaina
    Expert October 2020
    Shaina ·
    • Flag

    I have also had this concern. Where were you planning on going international out of curiosity? Yesterday I heard it spread to Europe like France and Italy :/


    • Reply
  • Futuremrsm
    Expert October 2020
    Futuremrsm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We haven't 100% decided but our first choice was the carribean. Its just the fact that its spreading everywhere at this point and just being in an airport has me uneasy. We are probably going to go with plan B which is california
    • Reply
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    Our honeymoon was booked last year for early next year to go to St. Lucia before this whole virus outbreak. Hopefully ours doesn't get canceled but if it does, we'll definitely stick within the US. I would honestly just wait it out and see and maybe plan something else in the meantime.
    • Reply
  • Shaina
    Expert October 2020
    Shaina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Wow.. Yeah If it gives you anxiety staying in the country sounds a lot safer. FH and I figured out we wanted a relaxing warm place as well, But we will see -.-

    • Reply
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married in November and have actually postpone our honeymoon indefinitely due to all the cancellations and uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus. We decided we would rather hold off until we are certain we will be able to take the honeymoon, and will not have to worry about cancellations, rescheduling, losing money, etc. We may just hold off until our 1 year anniversary for our honeymoon.
    • Reply
  • Keiwa
    Keiwa ·
    • Flag

    Oh wow. Thats sad with all the shut downs , but I guess they are doing what they need to to prevent the virus from spreading.

    As stated maybe you can do something domestic still and then visit the Caribbean later if things get better with the flights / travel situation.

    Currently we have no reported cases in our region (the Caribbean) but since we're not sure what will happen int he future and how effectively the virus will be contained and dealt with, it might be best to stay within your country...especially if you think your flights might end up being cancelled and you're sacred of travelling internationally because of whats happening now.


    xx

    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    So I always travel in the summer and I wanted to go to Southeast Asia but I decided to wait too
    • Reply
  • ARIEL
    Devoted October 2020
    ARIEL ·
    • Flag

    You can try to find resorts that will give you a full refund on your deposit. We booked our honeymoon for Sri Lanka and Maldives for October but both will give us a full refund if we cancel at least a week before. We are waiting till June/July to get our plane tickets though to see how everything goes.

    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Savvy May 2022
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

    I would definitely try and stay in the country for now. Airports themselves are a little scary at the moment. You can always plan a big trip later on so you can actually enjoy your time there and not be worried while walking around.

    • Reply
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

    Our wedding is in May and we were waiting to book a honeymoon mostly to see where we would be financially and with time off work after the wedding, but now we will definitely be waiting and likely planning a US or Canada trip instead of an intercontinental one.

    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

    I think it just depends on where you are hoping to go. My colleague just spent two weeks in Tokyo last week with his husband, 4 year old son and parents and they all returned with no illnesses. I think if we spend our lives worrying about what could be, we'll never live and enjoy what is.

    I am planning a trip to Eastern Europe in the coming weeks, does this virus scare me, heck ya. But does life still go on, it sure does. I can't put everything on hold. My FH always says, pick a plan and stick with it. It always works out. And he's been right so far.

    Coronavirus is definitely spreading throughout Europe, but it's also moving towards the US. The difference is we have quite a few more citizens so the odds are much smaller.


    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    As a person in the travel industry, I don’t know where you are planning to go, but your best prices when you book your flights less than 3 months from travel. Also, that 3 month mark also lessens the chance of flight schedule
    Changes.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics