We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

kala&isha
Dedicated November 2019

Waffle vs silk bm robes

kala&isha, on February 12, 2019 at 7:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
Did anyone go with the waffle cotton ones over silk? My thing is I feel like they’re more practical and also would be more useful long term ? But I’d love to hear some thoughts on it

22 Comments

Latest activity by Nemo, on February 13, 2019 at 12:29 PM
  • Tina
    VIP March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag

If you just want it for the day as a luxury then go for silk, if you are wanting a bridal robe that will last go for cotton. Silk is very difficult to wash and stay nice, it shows sweat stains if you get warm while getting ready and is less practical. I will say though that silk does feel sweet on the skin!

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

I'm getting my girls waffle... personally I am not a fan of wearing silk! I get cold very easily haha. I feel like we will all be more comfortable, and more likely to want to wear it later, if it is waffle

• Brianna
    Dedicated September 2021
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    I’ve heard the silk is not really easy to keep closed, the waffle style seems more comfortable.
  • SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    I’m debating between getting my girls robes or oversized button down shirts, but if I go with the robes, it’ll be the waffle ones. The silk ones are pretty for pictures, but they are too slippery to stay closed and don’t offer as much coverage or coziness as the waffle ones.
  • Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I’ve hated the silk in the weddings I’ve been in. They slip and open and are so uncomfortable. I got my girls soft Cotten and they loved them!
  • Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    We did! My girls loved them and I loved that they were comfy and didn’t look like cheap lingerie. We were far more comfortable in these than we would have been in silk robes. Plus, they’ve been used after the wedding, which is a huge plus. I got ours from Etsy.

i think another cute idea is the short sleeve button up top and shorts PJ set! Comfy but more appropriate and will be used after.

Waffle vs silk bm robes 1
  • Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle ·
    • Flag
    I got regular cotton, not waffle nor silk. I actually bought my own robe half a year in advance and use it nearly every day before and after. For my best ladys robe it was a nice gray cotton robe that she loved and uses frequently. I have been gifted a few silk robes which I never use. But just my personal preference. I think I would use a silk robe if it was knee length.
  • Keiwana
    Devoted June 2019
    Keiwana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Would you mind sharing where on Etsy you got them?
  • kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right now I’m looking at heritage wedding !
  • Jennifer
    VIP October 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Silk. People will buy the “comfort” robe for themselves, but few will buy a “luxury” robe. Plus it’s just fun to have the silky robe look for all of you- especially in pictures.
    With that said, if it’s a wedding where it’s going to be cold the waffle robes might be better! Lol
  • Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I got them from "ValleyGurlVinyl" but last time I checked, the shop was no longer open. I also looked at getting them from TheFancyPigeon but the other shop had a better deal at the time! Make sure you ask the shop owner (wherever you end up ordering them from) for a discount since you'll be ordering several, they'll usually send you a code for 10-20% off.

• AtoZ
    Devoted May 2019
    AtoZ ·
    • Flag
    I did waffle! I ordered them from Amazon (Turquaz brand) and they look fantastic!

Waffle vs silk bm robes 2
  • ashley
    Dedicated August 2019
    ashley ·
    • Flag

I got silk robes for my BMs. My wedding is during summer and I was worried about it being warm in cotton robes. I also got robes that match their dress color since I am having a mixed bridal party and I had more flexibility in colors by going with the silk ones.

• kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    • Flag
    I think we will do the cotton our wedding is in November in Tennessee
  • kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oooh I’ll check them out
  • kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I looked at fancy pigeon I think I liked them actually ! I’ll certainly do that thank you !
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

LOVE THIS! I purchased navy blue waffle robes for my girls too. I was worried they would be scratchy, but they were wonderful.

OP, I chose the waffle over the silk b/c I had heard the silk was see through. I also purchased from the Fancy Pigeon on etsy.

• kala&isha
    Dedicated November 2019
    kala&isha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yay awesome ! Were they soft and comfortable ?? Thats my one drawback is they do look like they may be scratchy
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes! I was really shocked at how nice they were right out of the bag. Not scratchy at all, and very soft. I did wash them with sensitive skin laundry detergent, and I've been storing them in a box with a dryer sheet so they'll smell nice when I give them to everyone!

• Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I got silk but I do own some silk ropes and I really like them. I wear them often at the house and I like the overall look more for pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics