• VIP November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    Following this post.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I would say to make sure you show some of your personality in your vows. Maybe tell a story about you and your FH and end with your commitment to him. We loved writing our own.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    There are a variety of sample vows online to use as guidelines. Then you can always add your own personal spin on it.
  • Jai
    Rockstar May 2020
    Jai ·
    • Flag
    Use Pinterest as a guide!
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Use a template and set a word count. We both started ours with I blank Take you blank to be my blank
  • Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

I took my time writing mine. We are reading our personal vows to each other during our first look and will do traditional vows during the ceremony. For my vows I took about a week writing them and will probably revise them multiple times before our wedding day. I want to make sure I'm going to be saying everything I want to say to him. I started by bullet pointing things I wanted to incorporate like things I'm promising to him and I also included some inside jokes as well, then I wrote it out in a way that flowed together and made sense.

I'd say stay true to who you are as a couple. We're a funny couple who joke and prank each other all of the time, but can get serious when we need to. I know his vows are going to be serious but funny, much like mine are.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics