alaynab123
Dedicated September 2018

Videographer Worth it or a Waste?

alaynab123, on August 25, 2017 at 8:58 PM Posted in Planning 0 37
Saved

Considering a videoagrapher for my wedding, is it worth it or a waste??? Give me some feedback!

37 Comments

Latest activity by LovroftheArts, on August 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM
  • Lindsay
    Dedicated October 2018
    Lindsay ·
    • Flag

I'm choosing not to do one, because honestly I don't think I'd watch the video(s) enough times to justify the cost

• ambrok
    Master October 2017
    ambrok ·
    • Flag

If it were in our budget, I'd 1st hired a DOC & 2nd....a videographer for the ceremony. It's not in the budget for us & it's no biggie...I much prefer having nice pics : )

• Mrs.W.
    VIP June 2018
    Mrs.W. ·
    • Flag

To me it seems like an absolute waste

• Celia Milton
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

First, there are not only ladies here.

It's a very personal decision. If you have the money for a good one, go for it. If you're going to get the cheapest person you can find, skip it.

• Jennifer
    Expert March 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

If it was in the budget I would. But I'm with lindsey... how often would you really watch it?

• andrea
    Super September 2017
    andrea ·
    • Flag

I am getting one. We found one for $1200 for 8 hours of coverage and he's been doing it for 20 years. I was against it at first and know I prob won't watch it a lot but thinking about 5-10-15 years from now being able to hear people talk and see everyone different from pictures

• Amburgerr
    Devoted March 2018
    Amburgerr ·
    • Flag

I know a lot of people who regret no being able to look back see their ceremony... Other than that they said not worth it

• Ellsy62
    Master October 2017
    Ellsy62 ·
    • Flag

I think it's worth every penny. You spend so much money on this day THAT GOES BY SO FAST wouldnt you want to relive it again thru the video? Plus I bet your kids and grandkids would love to see it when they're older. I'm defidefinitely getting one, its the one thing FH questioned needing and I put my foot down.

• Emmie343
    Dedicated July 2017
    Emmie343 ·
    • Flag

Honestly, the day went by so fast that I'm beyond thankful to have video to look back on today and especially when we're old. We just got our preview video two days ago and it's better than I could have imagined! I cry every time I watch it and our friends/family love it too. Even if you're just able to get one for the ceremony, I think it would be worth it.

• D
    Just Said Yes October 2017
    Dana ·
    • Flag

This is my second marriage, we are not doing one. I had a video for my first wedding. In 14 years of that first marriage I dont think we watched it more than a few times after the wedding. We enjoyed our photos far more than the video. It's a personal decusion, but not wasting money on that again.

• FutureMrsC
    Expert October 2019
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Flag

I have a friend that did not have a videographer at her wedding and really regrets it. Even with guests' cell phone videos that we sent her, she said its just not the same. She has told me multiple times to make sure I hire a videographer because i will regret it if I dont. I want one anyway so I budgeted for one early on.

• W
    Savvy March 2018
    Wendy ·
    • Flag

I'm skipping on it due to money issues ! No one can erase my memories I don't need to see it again

• Beachy
    VIP November 2017
    Beachy ·
    • Flag

I have no want for this even if my budget allowed.

I find it to be a waste for the couple that we are.

I will add that I did not have one for my first wedding and had not one ounce of regret about it.

• Jay Farrell
    Jay Farrell ·
    • Flag

Hi, I'm a gent. If you have to ask this question, you're clearly not sold on it yourself, so what other people say doesn't tell you what's right for you.

I will also second Celia....cheap ones aren't good, good ones aren't cheap. Hire a really good one or skip it. Or if you're unsure if you want it, there's your answer.

• Cassidy
    VIP October 2017
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag

It depends on what is important to you. What is important to me is that my friends and family are there to celebrate with me and they are drunk and full. They will be at my favorite place, the beach. That's what is important to me. I'm also only spending less than 7k for mine. I have a background in video production and editing. If I had raw footage- I'd rather create my video with my artistic eye than someone else does. I am experienced in this field enough to know what goes into it behind the scenes.

• C
    Dedicated September 2017
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag

My sister didn't have a videographer and she regrets it. I was able to get a good deal on photo and video. $2,400 is worth it to me considering how much Im saving from other quotes I received

• Mai-Tai
    VIP April 2017
    Mai-Tai ·
    • Flag

I am team videographer. I agree with other posters, good ones are expensive, but totally worth it.

I had it for my first wedding 21 years ago, and there was no question that I would also have it for my second. The quality and production of a great video these days are fantastic.

H and I have watched both our trailer and full film numerous times since receiving them, more than looking through our pictures. Our pictures are beautiful but we don't get the same feels.

• ThatsAWrap
    ThatsAWrap ·
    • Flag

I agree. There are a lot of videographers out there. Find one that matches your personas. You want someone who will be dedicated to creating you a once in a lifetime film.

The day goes by very fast as a lot of the people on here will tell you. A great videographer is one who doesn't get in the way and takes you back in time....kinda like a flux capacitor.

Never have any regrets on your wedding day or after! Make sure you dig into ANY and all companies you look into! Don't just look at the recent reviews.....look at ALL of them and the will tell you what kind of company you are dealing with.

• SuperStuelke
    Super September 2017
    SuperStuelke ·
    • Flag

If it were within my budget I would, but I don't think it would be worth it honestly. I would probably only watch it once.

• Amanda
    Master October 2018
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Here's my view .. way expensive ... pictures will last forever ... with technology changing in 20 years are you going to be able to view it ... (know how hard a VHS is to find lol our parents can't watch them anymore ) .. how often would you watch it... chances are pictures are easier to look at and fun to share ... we aren't doing one because we don't have a 50 k budget lol .. if I did and money was endless i would

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics