K
Savvy August 2020

Videographer? Or photographer is good enough.

Kres, on April 14, 2020 at 4:38 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 9
Saved

I feel like videographers only became part of special occasions not very long ago. Aren't photos a way better keepsake? Why both? This saves bucks, but don't want to regret not hiring a videographer down the line.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on April 15, 2020 at 8:32 AM
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag

How many cameras do you want on you in a day? That's the really important question I think. I went with a Photographer because we are having a very intimate wedding and I just don't want that many camera person's at my wedding.

It sounds like you could regret that decision however so you have to decide. If it's within budget I say go for it! There are some lovely talented cinematographers nowadays.

• Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena ·
    • Flag

We're doing both. I love wedding day videos!

• Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

I'm Only Having A Photographer. For me Personally Having Videos is A Little Too Much .

• Anna
    VIP October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

I’m not a fan of watching myself on a video or hearing my voice recorded and since I’m on a tight budget, it just seemed perfect to leave the videographer off. I do think video recording weddings has been around for a long while, though they have gotten fancier with the editing abilities. Back in the day someone just set up a stationary recorder and captured from start to end of the ceremony, now there are drone options and splicing in so many different aspects. My best friend had a videographer at her wedding 2.5 years ago and they still haven’t watched it.

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We hired both a videographer and photographer. Both were husband and wife teams so we had two of each. A videographer was really important to me, but my husband didn't think it was necessary. We had extra money within our budget so we decided to hire one. If you have the extra money, I feel it is worth it. You only have so much to remember from that day and as time passes your memory fades so a video is something nice to watch to remember your special day. I plan on watching mine every anniversary.
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I wanted to add that videos capture things that a camera might not. For instance, the sound of our voices when we said our vows. Another example is that my dress had a layer of sparkle under the tuelle which is hard to see in photos, but in the video when I am walking down the aisle or dancing with my husband you can clearly see the sparkle. A video does a better job of capture certain things compared to photos.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think having good photos is important for sure, but some people want a video because it's a nice live action recap of the day. however, if you can't afford both then definitely just go for photos

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We had both and I would not have had it any other way. Our photos are very special, but our wedding videos capture something photos just can't! We had our entire ceremony filmed, as well as all of the special moments. Being able to have our ceremony and all of those special moments forever documented for us to look back on is priceless. Your wedding day will fly by, and once it is done, there will be so much that is a blur! Having your videos to look back on is really very special.

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Wedding day goes by so fast that sometimes special moments are missed or short-lived. I love that you can relive those moments through video. I still watch my parents’ wedding video from 26 years ago. I think it’s worth it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics