We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lillian
Just Said Yes June 2022

Venue tour fee?

Lillian, on July 2, 2020 at 7:21 PM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved Save
Hi everyone! Did anyone have to pay a fee to tour a venue? It's a reputable venue I found here on wedding wire and after reaching out to the venue coordinator, he stated there is a $50 fee to tour. Is this common?

14 Comments

• L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I've never heard of that fee before. If you book with them, are they willing to apply the fee as a credit to your account?
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    That's crazy. I've never heard of paying for a tour. That would be a major red flag to me.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Wow red flag...I have Never heard of that. Why the heck would they charge for something like that??!!
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    I have also never heard of a tour fee.
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    I have never heard of that. Do you have your heart set on this venue? If you go with this venue I strongly suggest you read the contract all of the fine print and try to find any sort of hidden fees because I have never in my life heard of a $50 fee to tour the venue.
  • Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely not!
  • Megan
    Expert October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We went on a bunch of tours when looking for venues and non had a fee it sounds like they are just trying to scam your money!
  • Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag
    No, there’s no such thing as a “tour fee”. That’s ridiculous, red flag. I would cancel.
  • H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

Um, this is definitely NOT common! I have never heard of a venue tour fee. Honestly, this sounds made up. I would not follow through with this vendor.

• Lillian
    Just Said Yes June 2022
    Lillian ·
    • Flag
    Thanks everyone! So the manager stated a portion of it is donated to people effected by covid, he didn't state if the rest went towards a credit for the venue. It seemed kind of fishy to me so I wanted to double check as I've never planned a wedding before lol. The venue is definitely not my first choice I just wanted to keep my options open. I will absolutely not be considering them anymore.
  • Alisha
    Super April 2021
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    That is not common at all. I would not tour it. Definitely a red flag.
  • Kate
    Devoted August 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    Though it’s not common, I wouldn’t consider it a red flag. Some businesses in the wedding industry either hold credit card information and then take a fee if you cancel your appointment, or in fewer cases, charge a fee automatically. I work at a bridal salon in Chicago. We hold credit card information and charge $50 if a bride cancels with less than 24 hours notice. We know of a couple of other nearby salons that charge $50 for a bride to have an appointment at all. It’s definitely not unheard of! I would ask how much of it goes to Covid relief as a donation, and ask if the remainder of the $50 can then be deducted from your bill if you decide to book with them.
  • Molly
    Dedicated August 2021
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

A portion could mean $0.01. I would not pay a fee to see a venue. If it was a catering or cake tasting fee, it would be more understanding since you are eating some of their work. However, you take nothing away from the venue if you go on a half hour-hour tour. Especially because if you chose them you will be spending way more than $50. Also, it makes me feel like they don't do that good of business. If they feel the need to get money for tours, my gut says it's because they're not making as much money on weddings being booked there.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nope! Never experienced paying a fee. A venue tour is to their as advantage and a time to sell you on booking their property. Also, It’s not your responsibility to assist that business toward their alleged Covid donations (in that case..... is the fee optional?). Glad you’re going to skip that place because they’ll probably have all sorts of other fees down the line.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles