M
Beginner August 2019

Vendor Seating at Reception

Madison, on June 23, 2019 at 12:02 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 10
Saved Save
Hello brides!

Did you guys send invites to your photographer, videographer, florist? Also, how are you seating the photographer & videographer? Are you including them in your final guest count? Are you going to put them on the seating chart or just have a separate table with a "reserved" sign for them?

10 Comments

• Kelly
    Master October 2018
    Kelly ·
    I did not send invites to my vendors, they were included in the final guest count but had a discounted vendor meal, they ate in a different room at my venue.
  • karen
    Master October 2017
    karen ·

No, no invites. Venue gets separate vendor count v guest count. They get discounted, but still nice meal (smaller version of guest meal, no booz), ate in a are of the bar, with a screen

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    No invites, no seating with guests. Our vendor had a separate seating area for them to take a break & eat. Vendor meals were charged a lot less so our final headcount looked something like this: 52 guests (include you & your partner), 5 vendor meals.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I personally have a whole table empty. I was required to hit a minimum for the space I wanted and my final guest count was a bit lower so I decided to include them (that way I also don't need to pay for separate vendor meals)
  • Stephanie
    Savvy October 2019
    Stephanie ·
    I plan to offer my photographer, DJ, and bartenders a meal. The photographer will know a few of my guests so I will have her seated with them. But the bartenders and DJ I figured could just eat where they are working.
  • Stephanie
    Savvy October 2019
    Stephanie ·
    Oh and I offered the officiant a meal too but she declined.
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

We're sending invitations to our photographer and DJ because they're what you would call "friendors". We're also including them in our seating chart and final counts with the caterers.

• R
    Devoted September 2018
    Rachel ·
    No invitations - the logistics are in your contract with them. Our venue had a green room for the vendors to eat. And the venue/caterer took copies of all of our contracts and planned the number of vendor meals according to who’s contract required it. I think the vendors had to pop in to the green room whenever it made sense for them to eat. For example, the band played a playlist during dinner so they could eat during the dinner seating. Toward the end of dinner were the toasts - and we as the couple stepped out of dinner for a few quick sunset photos - so the photographers and videographers needed to eat before or at the early part of the seated dinner.
  • eyelette
    Devoted August 2019
    eyelette ·

Yes, I agreed with @Courtney, we did send an invitation to my photographer and my DJ. They are out "friendor". And they are included into our guest list cause they would have to eat and that 's an extra plate. Yes I understand that they will be a playlist during dinner/bathroom runs. Yes, the photographer will need a break also he's there 9:30 am til 8:pm.

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

No, we didn't. They are included as "vendor meals" in a separate count. They will eat in the kitchen (small table set up) super quickly while guests are eating. The DJ will eat at his DJ station.

Comment on this discussion