D
Just Said Yes May 2020

Vegetarian option on Rsvp.

Donald, on November 17, 2019 at 11:21 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved Save
So the venue we are getting married at lets our guest have the option to choose their meals the day of the wedding but they asked for us to get a count of vegetarian meals. Since we don’t need a count of dinners how would we indicate on the RSVP for vegetarian meals without confusing the guest and making them possibly think there isn’t a meat option for the dinner.

7 Comments

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    Here is how mine was worded. We’re having a buffet so in general meal choice doesn’t matter but I have a few vegans in my group.
    Vegetarian option on Rsvp. 1
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I agree with PP, just put a line for dietary restrictions.
  • D
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Donald ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The reason why I don’t think that is a good idea is because I don’t want people putting down all of the other sensitivity’s like milk,eggs, and gluten. All I need to know is the amount veggie meals we need
  • Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don’t think it hurts to know about other allergies though. I would still stick with dietary restrictions to get your count because I think you’re going to confuse people if vegetarian is the only choice you put on the rsvp card.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I remember just having "vegetarian option needed?" On my invited since I had the same issue
  • Vicky
    Super January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Why don't you want to know who has nut allergies/wheat allergies/nightshade allergies/gluten sensitivities/etc? It certainly doesn't hurt you to know, and it's information that should be helpful for your caterer to know ahead of time - especially if there are any allergies that require extra care for cross-contamination issues.

• Christine
    Expert September 2020
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Ask about dietary restrictions on the RSVP card. It'll all be information that's helpful for your caterer to know no matter what!

Comment on this discussion