Sarah
Expert August 2020

Vegas Honeymoon???

Sarah, on October 19, 2019 at 1:43 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 20
Saved
FH and I were offered a VERY generous wedding gift of a Vegas honeymoon last night. We’d have to pay our airfare and expenses while we were there but our accommodations would be free. We’d been considering Disney but we just did Disney last summer. Our concern with Vegas is if there’d be enough to do outside of gambling and drinking. Anyone done a Vegas honeymoon? What did you do? Would you take the offer???

20 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on October 21, 2019 at 9:20 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I've never done Vegas as a honeymoon but I have been there and I can say there's plenty of adventurous things to do. Vegas is known also for all these cool shows they have !
  • Lisa Marie
    Devoted October 2020
    Lisa Marie ·
    • Flag

I live in Vegas and there is a lot to do for a honeymoon; shows, hiking, helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon, shopping, the Lion Habitat Ranch, Wet & Wild Water Park, the LINQ, etc...

• M
    Expert September 2020
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, tons of shows and restaurants. Ride the gondola at the Venetian, ride the huge Ferris wheel, ride the roller coaster on top of new York New York, aquarium at Mandalay Bay, tigers at MGM.

lots of stuff to do besides drink and gamble.
  • Ashley
    Beginner October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I've never been to vegas for a honeymoon but vegas is awesome! I went for 7 days 2 years ago and there was so much to that even 7 days wasnt enough. I dont gamble so that wasnt even an option. I say go for it and have fun!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the suggestions! We are 100% in for drinking and gambling too just wanted to make sure that wasn’t all there was! I’ve never been and FH only went once when he was too young to appreciate it!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooo! All those things sound awesome! We are looking for a honeymoon that offers us some relaxation along with some fun options to do as well. Getting more and more sold on the idea!
  • S
    Savvy September 2021
    S & W ·
    • Flag
    There’s plenty a friend of mine got married off the strip and they honeymooned there. I have a timeshare out there and love the shows, food and we take a dessert riding tour. Take the suggestions here and google the area based on your likes together. The zip line or a drink bike, make your honeymoon a trip that is your relationship and where you’d like your relationship to be.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    • Flag
    Tons of fun! We’ve loved The Mob Museum, Michael Jackson show at Stratosphere, Absinthe at Caesar’s is sexy & hilarious. So many great restaurants too like Sage at Aria Hotel. There’s a super-cool tiki bar off the strip (The Golden Tiki).

But... can you ask your friends if resort fees and parking fees are included? Each will run $30-$40 a night! May be best to Uber instead of rent a car. Resort fees are a rip-off but maybe your friend has those included? Or you’ll need to budget for that.
  • K
    Expert October 2019
    Kierstin ·
    • Flag
    I live in vegas. What time
    of year are you going? I can suggest things to do if you’d like. 😊
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Just a fair warning, it’s nice your hotel is covered but Vegas is EXTREMELY expensive. Food, drinks, shows....unless you’re prepared to drop a ton of money for that then I would look elsewhere.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    FH and I go to Vegas all the time. We’re actually getting married there. However, we’re doing our honeymoon elsewhere. If you’ve never been to Vegas, then I think you’ll have fun. Of course there’s gambling, but there are great shows to see at every hotel (my favs are “Ka” and Zumanity). You can go to spas, sit out by the pool. There’s also entertainment on the strip and downtown Las Vegas has its own fun.

since it’s free... go for it!
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I live in Vegas and there's plenty to do. Just like some previous people mentioned and you can also check HERE and HERE ! So many fun things to do.

• N
    Beginner April 2020
    Nycole ·
    • Flag
    There are a ton of shows and shopping and events that can be done. There really is so much to do. You can zipline on 9th street, take a Gondola ride, shows shows shows!. Shark tanks /museums. Rain forest cafe. There really is a bunch more!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s a timeshare so I believe it is but that’s a good thing to clarify. She told us that they’d take care of everything for our stay, we’d just need to get there. FH and I bought a house last year and don’t have a whole lot we need in that regard which is what prompted the offer.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ok, sweet. I'm just irked by all penny-pinching Vegas is doing. A timeshare would probably be in a great area!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We’d be going in late June/early July. Our wedding is 6/27/2020 but we are both teachers so we don’t have to go right away. We have the whole summer.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what we are being offered. A timeshare at Tahiti Village. From exploring the website it looks like there’s a lot right on their property.
  • Ashley
    Savvy October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Check out Death Valley while you’re out there! I lived in DV for a while and it’s like you’re on another planet
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    There is so much to do! You can totally make an amazing honeymoon out of Vegas!
  • K
    Dedicated October 2019
    Katherine ·
    • Flag
    I’m probably in the minority, but the hotel was the cheap part of the honeymoon. The food and transportation and activities were super pricey compared to other places. Also... burnout is a real thing if you go hard.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics