We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

S
Just Said Yes August 2020

Unity items!

Stephanie, on February 6, 2020 at 3:17 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 11
Saved Save
Looking for some ideas for a unity item. We don’t want to do candles, my sister almost started her church on fire her wedding day without knowing it! We have thought about the sand. We are going to have all 6 (my 4 and his 2) kids there and want them involved in the unity part of the ceremony. He wants something outdoorsy and we are looking for some ideas! We are getting married in a church and then a very small group of us will be heading to my parents land to camp for the remainder of the weekend. We spent a good portion of our summer up north, and absolutely love being outside! Any ideas?!

11 Comments

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We're doing a unity glass ceremony! Instead of mixing different colors of sand, you mix different colored shards of glass. After the wedding, you ship it back to the company and they make a hand-blown glass sculpture out of the glass shards. One of the things I’m most excited about after our wedding! Here’s the website we ordered from: www.unityinglass.com

• Danielle
    Expert May 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    My.mom bought us a unity candle set. Sooo that's what I'll be using.
  • Merline
    Super February 2020
    Merline ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a lock ceremony! I got it off of etsy, they have some for families.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/113684284/lovelocks-choice-moment-photo-frame-love?ref=yr_purchases

• Chelsea
    Devoted October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    Maybe the sand or since you all love the outdoors, I've seen some beautiful tree planting ceremonies involving kids as well? Just want to make sure you have some gloves and planting covers nearby or an apron for that part if you're concerned about the dirt.
  • Tara
    Savvy June 2021
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    My FH and I are going to literally “tie the knot” by trying a fisherman’s knot during the ceremony. We both love fishing and being out on the water in the summer time so this is perfect for us. They have other “knot” unity ideas that I’ve seen in Pinterest.
  • Kellyann
    Dedicated July 2020
    Kellyann ·
    • Flag
    We're doing a knitting ceremony. No flames or sand with butterflies in their habitat
  • Carly
    Devoted October 2020
    Carly ·
    • Flag
    The only outdoorsy thing I could think of is branding a piece of wood - but, it could be hard to involve all of the kids. Unless maybe they all put a hand on the handle part of it. Of course, this would require some type of flame - but, maybe you could do it at the reception? And then use it as a guest book?
    Unity items! 1
    Unity items! 2

Other than that - I’ve also seen these puzzles & think they’re super cute for blended families. It’s sort of outdoorsy, since they’re made out of wood? Lol (that’s probably a stretch) But, I can see the officiant being able to say something touching about each piece of this blended family coming together to make one.
    Unity items! 3

• D
    Dedicated July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    Unity items! 4
    A family tree would be cute! You could either do multiple colors or one solid color. Ink wouldn’t be too messy if you had little wipes at the edge of the table.
  • Courtney
    Beginner October 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

We're doing a wine ceremony! Basically each of us will pour wine (mine will be white and his will be red) into a glass to signify our lives becoming one and then we will drink it. We love wine so figured this was a fun alternative. It might not taste good LOL but it will be representative of us as a couple.

• Heather
    Dedicated May 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    We are planning to do a unity cross. https://www.unitycross.com
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I've been looking at this site! It's such a unique idea. Which item are you getting?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles