We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelley
Savvy February 2020

Unique Unity Ceremony

Kelley, on December 9, 2019 at 10:52 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 22
Saved Save
What creative options are you using for a unity ceremony? I don’t want the traditional candle lighting, knot tying/braiding, sand pouring.... I want something different. Help a girl out!
tenor.gif

22 Comments

• Annajoy
    Expert August 2020
    Annajoy ·
    • Flag

What is something that's unique to you as a couple?

We're not doing a Unity Ceremony (just the first kiss), but if we were and we wanted something nontraditional, I would definitely pull from our story and see what I could find. Do you have any hobbies that you share?

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We're doing a glass ceremony with http://unityinglass.com

It's similar to a sand ceremony where you have two different colors of sand blending together but instead it's different colors of glass pieces. After the wedding, you ship the blended pieces back to the company and they make a hand-blown glass sculpture out of it! This is the one we're ordering Smiley smile

Unique Unity Ceremony 1

• Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our first date was hiking together and we do lots of outdoorsy things (our honeymoon is to Alaska)... we enjoy bourbon (but having a traditional Christian ceremony).... we have a golden retriever that’s in our wedding... we are nurses... we love to travel and adventure... we fly fish together... I’ve been racking my brain and I keep coming up with nada 😂
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is pretty cool! I may have to look into this!
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    My brother-in-law and his wife poured dirt from her home state and his home state into a jar. The different is going to be used as fertilizer for planting a tree in a local park. My brother-in-law wanted to do something with planting a tree so that's what they agreed on. I have also seen online where the bride and groom each have painted and they paint on a canvas. They have two different colors of paint.
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my god I LOVE this!
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Puzzles are something that have a special meaning to us as a couple (there is a story behind it). So we chose to do a unity puzzle for our "unity ceremony". It was custom made, out of wood, with our first names, our new last name, and our wedding date. We put it together, put it in a frame, then sat it up facing the audience while music played. We got a bunch of "oooohhhhs" and "aaahhhhs" afterwards and everyone said they really enjoyed it because it was different and unique and really fit us as a couple.

• Natashamarie08
    Dedicated February 2020
    Natashamarie08 ·
    • Flag

Not really a unity ceremony, but were doing a wine ceremony. We'll have a box in which a bottle of wine goes in along with two letters, one from each of us to the other reminding us of why we love each other and got married. The idea behind the ceremony is to either open the wine and read the letters after our first big fight or on our 1st wedding anniversary, again reminding us of why we got married. After that the bottle will be replaced and opened on our 5th anniversary and so on for every big milestone anniversary.

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Not sure which one you love, but I'm glad I could be of help.
  • Annajoy
    Expert August 2020
    Annajoy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ve seen people plant a tree together but that may be hard depending on the venue 😂
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The tree!!! We are outdoorsy and enjoy hiking and adventuring together... we are headed to Alaska for our honeymoon for our next adventure... I’m from SC and he’s from AL... both his parents and mine are still married, I’ll get soil from his parents home and soil from my parents home and then soil from our first home together and we will plant a tree! We even had a vintage tree stamp on our wedding invitations! This is literally perfect! And my fiancé loves it!! 😍😍😍
  • Kelly
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome!! Where did you get it form?
  • Kayla
    Devoted November 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

FH and I are going to tie the last couple knots on a tie blanket. A running thing in our relationship is to gift blankets to one another, so we thought it would be fitting. We found some fabric that matched our colors, and I'll have our names and date embroidered on it before the wedding. Another one I liked that our outdoorsy friends did was tie a fisherman's knot.

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm so glad I could help you decide 😊
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Etsy! Below is a link to the shop we bought it from. They did a great job of customizing it exactly like we asked for. The quality was great and the shipping was fast. We now have it framed and hanging in our house.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PalmettoEngraving?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=668452010

• Monica
    Super October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Im half Indian and FH is Mexican so we are kind of doing 2 unity ceremonies. First will be the Varmala ceremony which is an exchange of Indian flower garlands. Then we will do a Mexican lasso ceremony. Im trying to figure out the wording for both so its not like we are saying the same thing twice.
  • H
    Savvy August 2020
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    On four weddings I saw a “unity cocktail” which I thought was unique. they each poured different parts of a cocktail and then took a sip
  • Tori
    Dedicated July 2020
    Tori ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love this idea! We are going to do it for our unity ceremony. Thanks for sharing Amber!
  • Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yay, so glad I could help!

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

We did a wine blending ceremony Smiley smile

I forgot to get a nice set for the unity ceremony sooo we just did a carafe and mason jars (which was actually perfect for me lol)

Unique Unity Ceremony 2

Comment on this discussion

Related articles