Skip to main content
Letitia Calloway
Beginner May 2023

Ughhh... i am so stressed

Letitia Calloway, on May 13, 2022 at 8:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved

I basically had a planner who cancelled on me today all because I informed her yesterday that we were postponing our wedding date to 2023 to give us more time to plan and get everything in order. On top of that she is stating that she is not going to pay us back our money, money that I paid her to basically allow me to plan my own wedding because that was what I was doing. Now I'm out of money and having to find a new wedding planner who is actually going to do their job and have me stress free. .

10 Comments

Latest activity by Letitia Calloway, on May 14, 2022 at 10:25 AM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I'm so sorry to hear about this! What does your contract say for postponing? If your contract doesn't allow you to postpone/cancel/not hold the wedding on the date listed in the contract, unfortunately the planner is not obligated to carry funds over to your new date, and she wouldn't be obligated to return the funds you paid either. Those policies are usually in place since the planner may have turned down other couples for your original date because you had her booked, and if she can't rebook that date with someone else, then she misses out on pay because you postponed. You could always ask her if she'd be willing to refund you if someone else books your original date with her.
  • Letitia Calloway
    Beginner May 2023
    Letitia Calloway ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We never got to the signing of the contract it was suppose to be signed on May 22. She never stated that we couldn’t postponed and even agreed to the postponement.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    So sorry to hear that. If you didn’t sign anything, she has no right to take your money and run. Contact the consumer reports team at all of your local news stations asap and explain your situation. One of the things they specialize in is acting on your behalf after you have done all you can to get your money back. Also report her to the Better Business Bureau in your city.
  • Debbie
    Savvy August 2022
    Debbie ·
    • Flag
    So frustrating! I would dispute the charge if you paid via credit card or PayPal.
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you never signed the contract, then she shouldn't be holding onto your money. Can you dispute the payment? Do you have it in writing (text, email, etc) that she agreed to the postponement? You could also leave negative reviews for her. I hope you're able to get your money back!
  • Letitia Calloway
    Beginner May 2023
    Letitia Calloway ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I do have it in writing. In a text msg.
  • Letitia Calloway
    Beginner May 2023
    Letitia Calloway ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much.
  • Letitia Calloway
    Beginner May 2023
    Letitia Calloway ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did just waiting to hear back.
  • Ayanna
    Devoted January 2023
    Ayanna ·
    • Flag
    I'm so sorry this is happening to you! The planner should send your money back for 2 reasons:
    1. They canceled on you
    2. There is not a signed contract and the cancelation happened before the contract was to be signed.Definitely dispute! Dispute! Dispute! I hope you find a great replacement planner!
    Also in the future, please do not send anyone money before you see/sign the contract! Sending money is almost like signing the contract. Payment is a form of acceptance!
  • Letitia Calloway
    Beginner May 2023
    Letitia Calloway ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you and I will be sure to do that from here on out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics