We were originally booked to be wed June 27, 2020 but due to the corona virus and the lockdown on the state where my parents live it’s looking like that can’t come to be.
I really want to get married on our date. My parents are against me waiting another year too for some reason (my fiancé is in medical school and only has free time in March 2021). They think a three year engagement is far too long but I want to make sure my family, bridesmaids, and fiancé’s family can attend and be in a ceremony which is making me consider the March date.
I’d like to get married in an intimate backyard on our original date and then have another “spiritual not legal” wedding in March 2021 in front of everyone. The people that I’ve idea shared this with say not to tell people it’s a celebration of marriage in March or else they won’t even come due to it not being a real wedding .
I think having both is a good idea so my family can enjoy a wedding of some sorts and my dad can walk me down the aisle. There is no way they can travel from Michigan to Nevada with the country being the way it is right now.
Just looking for feedback and direction during this confusing time. If this is a dumb post I’m sorry. Please don’t hate.
Post content has been hidden
To unblock this content, please click here