Talia
Super October 2020

Tuxedos-october 2020 Wedding

Talia, on May 19, 2020 at 10:03 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved

Did any of your fiance's/groomsmen order and get sized for their tuxes yet? That's one thing we need to get done. We're in Pennsylvania and nothing like that is open yet.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on May 19, 2020 at 2:00 PM
  • Christina
    October 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    We went early January and picked everything out but they said we need to do the initial fitting in June/July and I can’t get ahold of them to set up a date do to so.
    I’m in Ohio where things are opening up so I’m hoping soon I can call and set the appointment up!
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Of course we we're going to go in March to do this. I'm close to Philadelphia and I have a feeling that my area is going to be sort of the last place to open up. Delaware some places like my bridal shop opened up but by private appointment only same with our jewelers. I'm hoping that we can get this done soon.

• Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    We’re using generation tux. It’s all online and the suits will be delivered to the guys two weeks before the wedding to make sure everything fits right. 🙂
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag

My fiance and I used Menguin for the guys' attire. It lets you customize the look you want and put in sizing information and you also get a free at home try-on so that if something isn't right you can make adjustments. We got our home try-on the same week we ordered it and were able to reserve the suit rentals for our September wedding with a delivery date two weeks prior to the wedding.

• Staci
    Savvy September 2021
    Staci ·
    • Flag
    So glad you posted this! We had an appt for March to pick out tuxedos for our Sept 2020 but then COVID happened. Looking at the replies there are some great suggestions that my FH and I will check out. Thank you!
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    Some people are doing things now by appointment, because they are home. But hubby is in lots of weddings, and I have been to many. And the only thing ever done for any of the he guys before 3 months out is that if they are buying the tux or suit , they be fitted and be ready money in hand by 10 weeks out. For rentals, bride and groom check on the size ranges of the guys, then check a style to make sure what they want will be available. But except for a June wedding, or 8 to 12 matching ones, it is usually done 8-12 weeks out. If you order way in advance, prepare to choose back ups or start over. A lot of tuxes will be damaged or never returned over the summer, and will not be replaced with the same thing. They will replace with a newer model. So pick at six months, go back at 2-3, find out they no longer have all sizes, or someone has gained or lost 2 sizes, so matched sets not available. So you start all over, knowing colors and sizes. As with bridesmaids ' dresses, buying further in advance often does not help, and does leave you with dresses that are more cosly to remake for weight or pregnancy changes than the dress cost to begin with.
    If you put down deposits, and they end up not having 2 of 8, they will only refund for the exact item they don't have. But if you need to change all 8, and they do not have suitable other ones, you forfeit your whole deposit on the other 6 if you go somewhere else. And GM will expect you to pay that, since it was your decision to look and order way before the usual time, less than 3 months out.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I am having a difficult time with this. We have all the tuxes picked out already, but mainly our dads want to go in and be fitted since they haven't worn a tux in some time. We went to Men's Wearhouse. I have emailed them and they refuse to give regional opening dates and I'm starting to get frustrated. I know the groomsmen will be fine because they have been in multiple weddings and Men's Wearhouse has their information on file, but our dad's don't and honestly they would just rather do it that way. I wish they would at least open for appointment only things.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm pretty positive none of the groomsmen have been in a wedding yet so they defintly need to be fitted. Both of our dad's haven't been fitted in years. It's so frustrating since this is the last big thing that needs to be done since my dress is in and I'm getting fitted plus my bridesmaids have their dresses.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We might have to go that route if places don't open up at least for private appointments.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh I've never heard of it. May have to look into it.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t worry yet. My husband used a local place and his groomsmen used men’s warehouse... they wouldn’t even let them get measured until 8 weeks before the wedding, since weight can fluctuate. I would look online to have him pick out what style he wants himself and his groomsmen to wear, but don’t even worry about getting measured until at most 8 weeks in advance.

Tuxes were a big source of stress for me too and I’m telling you it is SO much quicker and easier than you are thinking! My husband picked his tux style out and got measured in the same day, we were in and out of the store in under 20 mins.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm in the same boat. I have my dress, alterations scheduled for July. And my girls have their dresses. I totally understand what you mean. I hate to say this and I'm so not telling my FH yet; but I know someone who works at a local bridal salon here where they do tux rentals I'm thinking about switching to them if Men's Wearhouse doesn't open soon. I just don't know if we would only loose my FH's deposit or if we would have to pay more than that. But at least they are taking appointments to get fitted at this more local shop.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics