Rocky
Beginner October 2019

Tux rentals too expensive?

Rocky, on July 14, 2019 at 5:56 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 17
Saved
Is $180 pp too much for a tux rental? I feel like my fianc茅 and I have looked everywhere and they have been $180 - $210 馃槵

17 Comments

Latest activity by Allie, on July 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM
  • Laura
    Master October 2019
    Laura
    • Flag

That does seem high. Where are you? i'm in Michigan, and the price for a black tux with a vest is about 135 at President Tuxedo

• Rocky
    Beginner October 2019
    Rocky
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I鈥檓 currently in Dallas and we鈥檝e gone to men鈥檚 wearhouse, J.C. Penney, generation tux, and the black tux.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah
    • Flag
    We paid $200 at Men's Warehouse, which included the 3 piece tux, 2 shirts, tie, pocket square, shoes, and cufflinks.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique
    • Flag
    We were quoted 175 at our local tux shop.
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha
    • Flag
    That doesn鈥檛 seem too bad to me but I鈥檓 in NYC so my view may be a bit skewed.
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy
    • Flag
    That鈥檚 what ours cost
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    • Flag
    Our final prices was $191 and some change from MW. We also had a coupon for $40 off each rental and Hubs got a free suit if he had 6 rentals in his party (we had exactly 6!) So I think he came out okay in the end. The free suit was probably $300 value.
  • Futuremrsk
    VIP August 2019
    Futuremrsk
    • Flag
    We got ours for 125 at Tuxedo Junction. Includes everything, even shoes. We wanted to keep it under 150.
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney
    • Flag

That's about right. But I'm in MD where everything is expensive haha.

• E
    Savvy October 2019
    EvansEternity
    • Flag
    Try signing up for Men鈥檚 Warehouse e-mails/mail list. I received a coupon in the mail for tux rental for 99.00. A few weeks before we received the mailer, my fianc茅 went to get fitted and the price was about 189 plus tax. I was able to use the coupon for 99.00.
  • Michelle
    Devoted August 2019
    Michelle
    • Flag
    That鈥檚 about right for the rental
    we got my fianc茅鈥檚 tux for 237.00
    tux shoes shirts tie
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista
    • Flag
    We bought FHs suit yesterday from mens warehouse. They were having a bogo free sale, so it ended up being about 350 after tailoring and taxes to BUY a suit. Renting seem like such a RIP off.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    That seems about right
  • Ashley
    Dedicated August 2019
    Ashley
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 in Colorado and my FH was $200. I think it depends on what all you need. That price was pants, vest, shirt, tie, coat, shoes and cuff links.
  • L
    Lady
    • Flag

I think that pricing is pretty normal - however, have you considered just having the guys purchase nice black or dark gray suits? You can usually find lots of deals around that same price and then the guys get to keep the suit. They could still do bow ties. I would hate for my H to have to rent a tux for the same price as buying a suit.

• Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin
    • Flag

I am pretty sure our tux rentals (with pants, suspenders (if wanted), shirt, vest, jacket, and shoes is $180. Its a smaller local place, but I think the range was 160-280. I don't think that is unreasonable given FH just had to buy a suite from Men's warehouse (including shoes) for like $400 last night...Yeah, he'll wear it again, but I would have liked to be a little more prepared for it before we walked in and the lady just kept saying "purchase".

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie
    • Flag

That seems normal to me. Even in Mississippi where things are usually cheaper we paid $193 for FH's tux rental.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics