We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rachel
Super June 2022

Trunk Show advice!

Rachel, on October 28, 2020 at 1:09 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save

Hi, Everyone -

I need some opinions on what to do here... as I mentioned in my previous post yesterday, there's a bridal boutique here in Sacramento that is offering some Hayley Paige trunk shows coming up. I've already booked my appointment for her Spring 2021 collection in April, but I also just found out that there will be a Blush by Hayley Paige Spring 2020 trunk show happening in December! Initially I wasn't too bothered about going to that one, however... there is one gown from that collection that I still have a soft spot for... the Indi gown! I know that trunk shows are the way to go since discounts usually happen and you get to see the whole collection, but... I think it comes down to which gown I love and the more and more I keep seeing the Indi gown pop up, the more I love it. I think it comes down to whether or not I want to take the chance and go try it on to see. I also wasn't prepared to try on gowns so soon, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes! What would you all do?

Trunk Show advice! 1

Trunk Show advice! 2

Trunk Show advice! 3

Trunk Show advice! 4

Trunk Show advice! 5

13 Comments

Latest activity by Teresa, on November 22, 2020 at 6:08 PM
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    Go to both, try on both! I am personally prefer the Indi, but base on my experience --> once you try it on you can see if it fits your body type or not. The dresses I love online looked terrible on me, and dresses that I wasn’t interested wow-ed me. I am so glad and lucky that the sales person on my bridal shop ”pushed” me in a polite way to try my chosen dress. Look at yourself in the mirror when trying them on. I hope you would be able to decide super easy that way.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

If you love it, why not go try it on at least? I've been seeing your dress post for awhile now, is this in your top 5 dresses? If so I would at least see it in person, if not I wouldn't bother.

Also, are you an indecisive person? I've seen a bunch of different dresses that you posted and I am only asking because do you think you would regret after buying so early possibly?

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I would definitely go and try it on! You never really know until you see the dress on you - ones you may love on the model, you might not like on you. Or ones you don't really like on the model, may look amazing on you! Try on any and all dresses that you think you might like, and then narrow it down based on how they look on you. There's no harm in showing up and trying it on - worst that happens, you don't like it (and then at least you know). Best case, it ends up being your dress.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Go try on the Indi in December. If it is a trunk show, there is a chance they will bring the spring 2021 line unannounced. And even if they don’t, you will at least know whether or not you like the Indi on you. Make sure you take lots of pictures! Then, go to your other trunk show in April (and make sure you bring the pictures of you in the Indi to compare!) and try on all the other dresses you were interested in. If the Indi ends up being your favorite, they will most likely allow you to order it with the same discount. Each of the trunk shows I went to, they offered the discount on ALL gowns by that designer.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Forgot to add, you can call the boutique you are going to in April and ask if they will be giving a discount on all HP dresses during their trunk show
  • Teresa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    That's a beautiful dress. You should do what feels right. My wedding is May 2021. I started trying dresses on since August 2019, a month after I got engaged. I found my dress at a bridal show February 2020 for 60% off original price.
  • Rachel
    Super June 2022
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, I agree! The thing is, the longer I wait to actually try on gowns, the more chance I have of having a Top 5 list to a Top 100 list, lol! I have had the same batch of gowns in my Top 5 for a couple of months, this one being in the top 3 of that list. There is just something so feminine and romantic about it. There are a lot of other gowns that I like as well but I still want to look bridal without too much prom-look going on. The sleeves are my favorite part about this gown (next to the swiss dot lace)!

• T
    Super April 2021
    Tiger Bride ·
    • Flag
    I would go, it's only a few months before you were going to start shopping anyway. I tried on a bunch of dresses then stepped away for a few months. Just do NOT buy on the first day. Give yourself time to look over your options.
  • Melanie
    Dedicated April 2021
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    Definitely go and try on because I went to a HP trunk show and was convinced I’d get the Andi gown or Decklyn but loved the Harley and Perri the most. I wasn’t originally going to try on perri because I didn’t want sparkles but ended up buying that one 😂 you don’t really know till you see it on yourself. And you only save 10% at her shows. Not a lot but money is money!
  • Rachel
    Super June 2022
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, definitely! That's what I plan to do! I'm going to 3 HP trunk shows. One next month, one in December, and one in April! The first two are going to be the most important since they're showcasing HP's Spring 2020 and Blush by HP Spring 2020 collections and I love a LOT of gowns from those two! They're all different silhouettes, too, so that's give me an idea of what I like on my body. Fingers crossed, this is really exciting! Smiley smile The Perri gown is beautiful, by the way!

• Melanie
    Dedicated April 2021
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just know you won’t get a discount if you don’t buy that weekend. They really put you on the spot to purchase same day. So, if you have your eye on a certain gown, just know they’ll try and force it on ya! Have so much fun trying them all on!! HP gowns really make you feel like a bride. Thank you! Can’t wait to wear it ~hopefully~ in April.
  • MIWM
    VIP June 2019
    MIWM ·
    • Flag

Love that dress!

• Teresa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I completely agree. That's why, I refuse to look at other dresses. I absolutely love my dress and it matches my theme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics