Danielle
Master June 2019

True or False - Wedding Planning Edition

Danielle, on March 26, 2019 at 2:58 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 50
Saved

TRUE or FALSE: Post your answers in the comments!

Hey guys, I've noticed there are a wide range of wedding planning experiences among all of the different brides. For me, my expectations and reality could not be more different. So that got me thinking...what if we all answer a few questions that will enlighten each other on experiences. It might help, if some brides find out that they aren't the only ones without a supportive bridal party or excited family. The opposite applies too. Of course there are some super lucky brides out there, that are fortunate enough to have the great wedding planning experiences. Therefore, it can help them know they aren't alone either. My answers will be in the comments as well Smiley smile

TRUE or FALSE: Post your answers in the comments!

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True or False

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True or False

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True or False

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True or False

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True or False

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True or False

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? True or False

8. You are a budget bride? True or False

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True or False

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? True or False

50 Comments

Latest activity by maryann, on March 27, 2019 at 2:49 PM
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True. Both of our families and ourselves are paying.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True! My mom is super excited and my go-to with planning. She is super creative with décor so she's a great resource.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? False. Only my MOH does.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True! He is super involved with a lot of the bigger decisions and leaves the smaller details to me.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True for the most part lol

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True! My MOH and mom are doing my shower and my MOH is doing my bach. The bridesmaids are supposed to help with both but we will see if that happens.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. I ended up going to a sample sale and bought my dress off the rack. Not what I imagined I would do.

8. You are a budget bride? False. We have a large budget (around 45k)

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? TRUE.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False. My parents are angels lol. They don't dictate anything about the wedding and have made no requests.

• Kellie Martinez
    Super October 2019
    Kellie Martinez ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True and False. They each helped with catering/half of photography. We paid for everything else.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True (at least for some of them lol)

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False

8. You are a budget bride? False

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? False. My mom has graciously gifted $2,000 towards the wedding, buy I am paying for everything else (around $10,000) on my own.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True and False. My mom is supportive, but not very involved. Except when it comes to jewelry...she has some weird obsession with what jewelry I plan to wear, lol.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? False. Other than picking out their dress, my bridesmaids have had no involvement in my wedding planning. No one checks in on me, or asks about the wedding.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? HA...False. I've learned to just accept this solo responsibility.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? Is this a trick question? LOL. Actually, despite the guest list, wedding planning hasn't been all that bad.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True. My MOH is throwing me a bachelorette party (weekend getaway). No one offered to throw me a bridal shower though, so I asked my mom too and she accepted (I know, so embarrassing).

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. I fantasized it would be me, our mom's, and my bridesmaids and I would try on dresses, drink wine, and have so much fun. Nope. It was me and my mom, and the 5th dress I tried on was my dress...so we stopped, no wine *insert sad face*.

8. You are a budget bride? True! Paying for 98% of this wedding on my own...so I am definitely a budget bride!!

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? Hmmmm...wedding related, False. But there was some family drama between me, my FMIL, and my FSIL over Thanksgiving. Luckily, we are working on things and doing better now.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False. That is the good thing about paying for my own wedding, no one can tell me what I can and can't do. Smiley tongue

• Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True, but FH and I are helping too.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True!

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True! Some of them, at least.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True Smiley smile

5. Wedding planning is FUN? I can't even choose here. Sometimes true, sometimes false.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True! I'm very lucky Smiley heart

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't like "Say Yes To The Dress."

8. You are a budget bride? False.

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True, unfortunately.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False, although there's tons of opinions.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True or False

False, we’re paying for everything ourselves.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True or False

True. She’s supportive, but not super involved.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True or False

False.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True or False

False, I don’t have one.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True or False

True

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True or False

False, not yet anyway.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? True or False

We’ll see!

8. You are a budget bride? True or False

True

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True or False

True

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? True or False

False
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? False

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? False-ish, not involved anymore but supportive

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? False, but it's still early so that could change

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False, much easier Smiley smile

8. You are a budget bride? False, if this means what I think it intends to (we aren't having a low-budget but we have a budget)

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? True in the beginning but False once I came down with the "you aren't giving $, you aren't making decisions"

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? False

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? False- No bridesmaids

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? False

5. Wedding planning is FUN? False

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? False

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False

8. You are a budget bride? True

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? True

Wow I just realized my responses seem negative lol. Oh well.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True, both of our families are paying for the wedding along with ourselves.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True, my mom seems to be enjoying helping me so far; we had a minor disagreement on the venue but I turned out to be wrong and she was right in this situation..I won't admit that to her.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? Yes and no, my MOH does but she is also planning her own wedding this year so that helps. My one BM doesn't seem to care much, but it is what it is. My other BM is my cousin who is super busy, but she does text me from time to time to ask how things are going.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True, he asked all the questions when we met with the DJ.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True, as of right now true. I'm sure I won't think so at one point or another

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? Too soon for this one to be decided!

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? True, better and easier than I anticipated.

8. You are a budget bride? True!

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True, but it was more my FH's sister.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False, I think they suggest things but at the end of the day we decided how we truly want things to go.

• M
    Devoted October 2019
    Melodie ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True, we are paying, too

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True, she is supportive but not overly involved.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True and False. Love planning the details but hate the stress.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True, although I (nicely) turned them down.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. It took so much more time than I thought and really stressed me out.

8. You are a budget bride? False. I wish I was!

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True, unfortunately.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

1. False. My hubby & I paid. My parents did give us an initial gift.

2. True! My mum was supportive!

3. False. No BMs, no check-ins.

4. True! My hubby was such a 50/50 partner I was "boss" of our DW and he was "boss" of our local reception when we couldn't agree...the boss of that event won any disagreement.

5. True/False. Wedding planning is FUN until the last 30 days. Was over it.

6. True. No BMs, but two friends invited me and my mom to a bridal brunch.

7. FALSE. Hated dress shopping. Had a hard time finding fitted bodice with sleeves with a ball gown skirt in 2016.

8. Maybe. Define "budget?" Our two events were $25K+ but I still saved whenever possible.

9. False. No sharing details = no family drama.

10. False. My parents were happy to show up and enjoy.

• Brit
    Devoted May 2019
    Brit ·
    • Flag

1. True. With the exception of my dress, we are paying for everything,

2. True, to some extent. She tends to involve herself a little too much with certain things, so I have to remind her it's my wedding, not hers and while I am her daughter, I have a way different taste and different ways I want things done.

3. True. I am only having MOH and one bridesmaid, and since they are both out of state, they can't physically help with much, but they both give me ideas and support.

4. False. the only thing he really cares about is the honeymoon and the cake. lol

5. True/False. It has been fun for me until I go to a store and see other brides planning their weddings with their friends in tow.

6 True. They won't tell me anything about it except that I needed to get myself a cute dress.

7. True. and also, False. I felt all the feels when I found my dream dress after only trying on 3, yes 3 dresses, but it was also kind of a crappy day since my mom doesn't get along with my stepmom, whom I love. She made the days leading up to and the day of a bit more difficult than it should have been.

8. TRUE!!!!! Our budget is super tight so I have had to cut things out that I had originally wanted. But on the upside, those things that I cut, weren't things that made me sad to get rid of.

9. TRUE!!!!! we will just leave it at that.

10. True. My dad not so much. My mom, yes. Down to the guests she thinks I need to invite to my bridal shower, or they way I do my hair or makeup.

• Dani
    Dedicated October 2021
    Dani ·
    • Flag

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? False, sadly my mom passed away 4 years ago. It breaks my heart that she won't be there but my sister is trying her best to fill in.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? False, at least for now. I just got yes's from all of my girls. One is finishing her Master's degree this month, one is planning her own wedding, and one is 1 month from having a baby. Luckily, all of these will be over well before I need someone else to help. My sister is my MOH and checks in all the time.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True, so far!

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True@ My sister already has the location for my shower booked and the wedding is still 1 1/2 years away!

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. I found my dress on Amazon for $170

8. You are a budget bride? True-see above Smiley xd

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? False

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False, my dad's exact words were "Let me know if you need anything" and that was it!

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True; my family is helping, but we're paying for it as well.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True!!! I love my mom!

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True, for the most part!

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? False (LoL) In his mind, he has time!

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True or False...I cannot give a straightforward answer.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to throw you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True!!!!

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. My mom...very opinionated, but she saw my vision after I had my dress fitting appointment.

• Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? False. We are paying together, 90% his spending and 10% from me.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? False. I’d hope so but it’s been the opposite and I’ve generally stopped talking to her about the wedding unless she asks.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? False. I haven’t heard from them since asking them to be in my wedding, they both happily accepted.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? True and False. He’s involved by sharing his opinions which are usually negative! (I feel like this game isn’t going well for me!!!)

5. Wedding planning is FUN? False. Other than designing certain paper goods myself it’s been a headache and stress.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? False. Planning my own solo bridal weekend getaway before the wedding.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False, haven’t gone yet - 3 more weeks !!

8. You are a budget bride? True. Oh so true. Pinching pennies EVERYWHERE I can.

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True. We’re not discussing it with family anymore because on both sides it’s been a nightmare.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? True.. just my mom.

• Clara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Clara ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding?

False-this is both of our second marriages. FH is 46... We are paying ourselves.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True-supportive, but not involved.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks?

False-i do not have any bridesmaids

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning?

True

5. Wedding planning is FUN?

False, maybe if I had a bigger budget it would be fun, but it's stressful trying to stay in the budget and doing a lot of things myself

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? False-no bridesmaids, no shower, no bachelorette. I've done it before and I'm not interested. I didn't want them before and was forced into them. Not this time.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be?

True-went alone, found my dream dress, bought it. No muss no fuss!!

8. You are a budget bride?

True-6k budget (does not include rings or honeymoon)

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama?

False

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding?

False
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True - Mom and dad have been VERY generous and his parents are covering the open bar and rehearsal dinner.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? True - for the most part, although there has been a lot of "it's your wedding, do what you want" followed by her crying to my MOH about not doing what she wants as soon as I step out of the room.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True - More so with my MOH then the rest. They tend to ask MOH if there is anything I need instead of asking me. They are all out of state except MOH so I wouldn't expect them to do anything anyway.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? False - I couldn't even get him to pick his own shoes without it being a fight!

5. Wedding planning is FUN? True - at least so far and for the most part.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True - we are doing a Vegas weekend ans everyone except 1 has been all in. I don't really want a bridal shower but mom insists so I told her she had to plan it then, although MOH has offered to help.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? True - I'm not a fashony person so I really didn't have any big expectations walking in.

8. You are a budget bride? True - although mom and dad have given us a large sum of money, I am trying to save where I can, I don't want to spend all their money, they worked hard for it and I want them to be able to keep it.

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? False -What has happened has been minor and hasn't had any real effect on anything... yet

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? True - but in a very passive aggressive way. For the most part they get their way because 1) they are paying, 2) we both just wanted to go to the courthouse, 3) Some juice just ain't worth the squeeze

• Libby
    Dedicated June 2019
    Libby ·
    • Flag
    1. False
    2. True
    3. Mostly true
    4. Somewhat true (he gives some suggestions 😂)
    5. True
    6. True
    7. First time our false, second time true!
    8. True!
    9. False - friend drama, thankfully no family drama!
    10. False
  • M
    Super June 2019
    Mary ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? False, we are paying for it ourselves. We waited until we could pay out of pocket for everything.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? Half true. My mom is very supportive but not involved, I don't want her to be.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? Kinda true. They ask how everything is going but don't help because I don't need them to

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? False.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? False. It is outrageously inconvenient.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to throw you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? False.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? True, I wasn't expecting much.

8. You are a budget bride? False

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? False. I don't do drama and am comfortable with stopping taking to people.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False.

• MD
    Super July 2019
    MD ·
    • Flag

1. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? True. We are so grateful to have the support we do from our families.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? So true! My mom has been to go-to person to run ideas by.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? False-ish. I can't blame them though, because I haven't really reached out to them needing help. Whenever I need to ask them anything they always get back with me super quick, so I am appreciative of that.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? False. He only knows what I've told him. If someone were to see him on the street and ask how it's going, he'd probably be clueless.

5. Wedding planning is FUN? False. I am over it and ready for the wedding and honeymoon.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to throw you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True. I know they're planning one, I just don't have any details yet.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? False. It was overwhelming. I was expecting a one-on-one experience, not 3 other brides to be trying on their dresses all at the same time.

8. You are a budget bride? False. I am winging it, but still being cautious of what we're spending.

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? True, but not with anyone that's been involved in planning. It's more like we are anticipating the family drama that is to come.

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? False. They're letting me call the shots, PTL.

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

. Your and/or your FH's family is paying for your wedding? False. - We paid for the wedding.

2. You have a supportive / involved mother? False. My mother is dead and was not invited to the wedding before her death.

3. Your bridesmaids check in on you, ask about your wedding, and offer to help with wedding related tasks? True and false. They asked how things were going if the topic came up, they did not over to help. Nor did I expect them to.

4. Your FH is involved in the wedding planning? Very true. He was in every step of the way.

6. Your bridesmaids have offered to through you a bachelorette and/or bridal shower? True.

7. Your dress shopping experience was exactly how you imagined it would be? Neither. I never really pictured it.

9. You have had some sort of wedding related family drama? False

10. Your parents are trying to dictate your wedding? Flase. No family of mine and his was wonderful and just said to do what made us happy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics