Fwbride
Super July 2019

Tried on my reception dress after weight loss

Fwbride, on February 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 18
Saved Save
I bought my reception dress online from AliExpress for $200 and the first time I tried it on it was really tight. I knew I would lose weight so I had ordered it a size smaller than my wedding dress (which was ordered a size bigger to accommodate the boobies). I personally don鈥檛 think my boobs are that big and thought it was ridiculous they ordered a size bigger. I had my ceremony dress fitting last week and Of course it was huge on top and now I have to get it altered. Anyway this dress in the pictures fits almost perfectly I have some under arm fat to work off but other than that I think it was the right move to order a size smaller! Also I鈥檓 amazed how much it matches my ceremony dress that was $3000 more馃樁 (last pic is ceremony dress).

Tried on my reception dress after weight loss 1

Tried on my reception dress after weight loss 2

Tried on my reception dress after weight loss 3

Tried on my reception dress after weight loss 4

Tried on my reception dress after weight loss 5

18 Comments

• Leah
    Devoted August 2019
    Leah
    • Flag
    That fit is fantastic and i love both your dresses!! How do you feel in it right now and how much longer until the big day? I think that鈥檚 what I鈥檇 go with, what feels most comfortable to you!
  • H
    Savvy July 2019
    Helen
    • Flag

Well done on your weight loss! You look amazing in both dresses- how did you do it?! xx

• Emily
    Dedicated April 2020
    Emily
    • Flag
    Wow! Looks beautiful!
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle
    • Flag

Looks great on you. Very Pretty!

• Lauren
    Devoted October 2019
    Lauren
    • Flag
    Gorgeous!!
  • Fwbride
    Super July 2019
    Fwbride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have 5 months until I get married! I love it, but it does still feel a tad tight so a few more inches should do it. Thank you for the kind words!
  • Fwbride
    Super July 2019
    Fwbride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I eat a lot better than I used to. A lot of salads and fruit smoothies. I eat smaller portions so my stomach has shrunk and I get fuller faster. I barely work out. Just some body weight stuff whenever I鈥檓 in the mood lol.
  • T
    Super June 2019
    Tiffany
    • Flag
    Absolutely beautiful! When done with diligent research, China dresses can be a great bargain! You are rockin them both!
  • Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria
    • Flag

Wow both of your dresses look great and congrats on the weight loss! You totally can't tell you got your reception dress for such a steal, it is totally comparable to the $3,000 one Smiley smile

• Maggie
    Super February 2019
    Maggie
    • Flag
    I love both of your dresses! You look gorgeous!
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    You look great! Congrats!
  • Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla
    • Flag

Nell this is so gorgeous!!! I remember seeing the post about your ceremony dress! I love that they complement each other and are similar in style. The fact that you got this on Aliexpress is so awesome and you can't beat that price.

• Future Mrs. Hicks
    Dedicated April 2020
    Future Mrs. Hicks
    • Flag

Looks beautiful!!! I love them both and perfect match love!! How long did it take for you to receive your gown from Ali express? I was so scared to order from them, but they are very affordable for gowns.

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K
    • Flag

Both are gorgeous and you look amazing!!

• Fwbride
    Super July 2019
    Fwbride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It took a month!
  • M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W.
    • Flag

Both dresses are stunning!

• Shannon
    Savvy February 2020
    Shannon
    • Flag
    Hi I know you posted this a long time ago. But would you mind sharing which seller you used on AliExpress?
  • Fwbride
    Super July 2019
    Fwbride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think it was called Fanovias. I used to have the info but I deleted it about a month ago since I鈥檓 all married off now. Hope this helps you though!

Comment on this discussion