D
Dedicated June 2021

Tried on Dresses

Doxie Mom, on December 7, 2020 at 10:15 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 27
Saved
I tried on dresses last weekend and it didn’t go as hoped. I thought it would find someone I loved and knew it would be the one but it was not the case. My budget for dresses is small (less than $500). Here on my options please nicely weigh in! I know my fiancé loves when I “show off the girls” so I do like something with some sex appeal. Thanks ladies!

#1 Tried on Dresses 1Tried on Dresses 2
This I think is the best picture quality of them all so it’s hard to compare but I think it makes my back look falling out. I thought front was beautiful and fitting but it was heavy and a bit hard to move for dancing and not sure it fits in with an outdoor wedding?
#2Tried on Dresses 3
Tried on Dresses 4
I need some shapewear and a little more covering I think in the front and possible belt?
#3Tried on Dresses 5
Tried on Dresses 6
#4Tried on Dresses 7
This one has cutouts on the side I love

Thanks for your input ladies!

27 Comments

Latest activity by EF, on December 11, 2020 at 4:40 PM
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I like the third dress the best, but if you don't love any of them I would keep looking because you don't want to settle.
  • Biaani
    Expert May 2021
    Biaani ·
    • Flag

Wow love the third dress!! and it's great that it's within your budget. great find Smiley love

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I agree with the previous comments, I like the third dress best! However, it's your opinion that matters most. If you don't love it, I would keep looking at different dress shops to see what else you can find.
  • Allison
    Devoted April 2021
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I agree with Veronica - I like the 3rd dress the best but don't settle if you don't love it! Go out again and try on more and if you find there's one you previously tried on that you compare all other dresses to then you'll have your answer on which dress is THE dress!

• Maggie
    Dedicated July 2022
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I love the third one too! It's really flattering on you and shows off some cleavage without being over the top. It also looks like it would be the comfiest to move around in. But I agree with Veronica in that you shouldn't feel like you have to settle. I bet if you keep looking around a bit more you could find something you love even more!

• Michele
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    Another vote for the 3rd one. You look amazing in it! But only buy if you feel good in it. Not everyone gets "the one" moment(you know tears and all). I didn't really either, but as long as you love it/ how you feel in it and feel like its your style thats what counts. Make sure its comfortable as you wear it all day!
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

I love #3 and #4!

• A
    Expert June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I love #3 and #4 wow beautiful!!

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

I like the third dress the best!

• Noelle
    Expert November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    I really like the third one, it gives you a tiny waist!!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    #3 all the way! Sexy and bridal romantic. You can ask a seamstress about replacing the spaghetti straps with wider ones because the skinny straps might be really comfortable thanks to your blessings on top.
  • Jamie
    Dedicated July 2021
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    3 looks amazing on you!
  • Alexa
    Dedicated October 2022
    Alexa ·
    • Flag
    I LOVE #3 & #4! They are both so beautiful & flattering! 💓
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    The third dress is my favorite. However, I think you should keep looking. It doesn’t sound like you love any of these dresses, and you should definitely love your wedding dress! I had to go to 6 different places before I found “the one”.
  • Mary
    Dedicated December 2020
    Mary ·
    • Flag

I second a lot of the gals. The third dress is so lovely on you. The cut is very flattering and looks comfortable - which I highly value! You are going to be in it for a long time on your wedding day, so you don't to be uncomfortable.

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    I would like 3, except that without and straps for support, the bodice drags down to granny bosoms, and the waist looks larger. 4 is best, with the halter support keeping your bust up where it belongs, and smoothing your now noticeable waist. ..........
    I love the asymmetrical dress with the ruching, # 1. But there is too much volume in the skirt. Either a fit and flare with little flare, or a sheath, with that beautiful ruching, would be dynamite on you. Maybe an evening gown for your honeymoon?
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    #1 If this asymmetrical sheath could have the skirt reduced to like this, it would be outsanding front and back. Only alter the skirt portion, not upper body. This was the first asym. ruched sheath I saw.
    Tried on Dresses 8
    Tried on Dresses 9

Tried on Dresses 10

• SHY
    Master January 2022
    SHY ·
    • Flag

I also like #3 the best, but if you aren't in love with any of them, I would suggest you keep searching. You want to feel beautiful and confident on your wedding day in a dress that you absolutely love!

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I definitely like the 2nd dress the best! It looks great on you and has that bit of sex appeal it sounds like your fiancé likes.

• Mageofhonor
    Dedicated November 2021
    Mageofhonor ·
    • Flag
    I also love the 3rd one on you! It’s super flattering and you look great! Like others have said though, don’t feel pressured to settle and do explore more options if you don’t really like any of them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics