Heather
Savvy June 2020

Timeframe for Invites?

Heather, on August 1, 2019 at 8:34 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved
What is the best timeframe for sending out invites? Anyone have suggestions?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on August 7, 2019 at 12:33 PM
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    From what I have found 6-8 weeks before your rsvp by date.
  • Heather
    Savvy June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome, thank you for the input!
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    I’ve read 4-6 weeks weeks but I’m gonna do it a little shy of 2 months before and the save the dates about 6 months before so that way people will know to expect a formal invitation closer to the wedding date and it also gives a few months to see if anyone definitely can’t come. I’d rather do like 3 and half months away to start sending invitations because we need a minimum of 75 at least and our budget is tight so I’m trying not to go over 80 which is where we’re at. If like ten people can’t make it then I’d rather have time to try to fill the five spots instead of having to pay for those empty spots ( our venue says we can have less but will get charged for 75 because that’s the minimum) so it’s all about personal preference and what not. I’m kinda OCD so more time means less anxiety for me
  • Heather
    Savvy June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can definitely understand that, it’s giving me a bit of anxiety too. Good points to consider, thank you for the insight. I’m worried about the RSVP’s I know people get busy and forget..
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

We're not technically having a "destination wedding", but everyone will have to travel 2+ hours to the ceremony/reception location (including us) so I plan to send invites about 10 to possibly 12 weeks in advance. I'm also planning to get save the dates sent out around 10 months in advance so people can start planning for accommodations. If you have a lot of out of town guests I think a little earlier than 6-8 weeks is nice to give more time to make arrangements with work if needed and travel, especially if you aren't sending a save the date. Whatever you think will be best for your guests!

• Heather
    Savvy June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good to know. Our venue is an hour away and all of my family is out of town. I’ll definitely incorporate the “save the dates” So many things to do..
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Trust me I’m not getting married until October 30th 2020 and my first issue was the RSVP cards. It’s so much extra money to send them and pay for it to be sent back! So we are gonna do it through the website plus it locks guests names and doesn’t allow people who aren’t on the list to “RSVP”. My two concerns besides money was 1, my mail person is nuts. I don’t get things I’m supposed to and half the time everyone’s mail ends up in other boxes at the apartments and then they don’t tell us they have our mail lol so god I can imagine how many rsvps would be floating around and 2nd we have problems with my FH side of the family and we were nervous that the one person invited to the wedding would use his kids seats to instead invite certain people not wanted there and it’s a little less leeway to try to be slick if they notice that these people’s names aren’t popping up digitally then someone saying yes to 4 seats through the mail and trying to replace the names of the additional seats because it’s just a written down reply rather than seeing that these certain people are in fact absolutely not allowed!
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    So our RSVP date is Sept 24th for an Oct 12 wedding. We wanted to ship them out tomorrow but they were ready to go on Tuesday & I got excited & shipped them. FH wanted to ship them 2x weeks ago so he was ok w/ my decision.
  • Heather
    Savvy June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    It seems like a few weeks early isn’t a bad idea. Thanks ladies. 💖😉
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I think you should be fine if you start sending them in February or March 2020!

• Heather
    Savvy June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all for your advice and input. 💖

Timeframe for Invites? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics