Gwendolyn
Dedicated September 2019

Tie Crisis

Gwendolyn, on August 6, 2019 at 1:42 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved
Hi guys! I need help. I know it’s my own fault, but I’m ordering all the ties for our groomsmen (for our sept. 20th wedding). Went with Azazie for dresses because they had color coordinating ties. I went to order the ties the other day and now the colors my girls are wearing are out of stock or unavailable. I have no idea what to do. My girls are wearing Vintage Mauve and Dusk and I really don’t know where to get the ties now. What should I do?? Any help or suggestion is appreciated ❤️ I just don’t want them all to look stupid and mis matched.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Mcskipper, on August 6, 2019 at 4:22 PM
  • Annemarie
    Devoted October 2019
    Annemarie ·
    • Flag

What if you added a third color similar to these colors for the ties? Make all the ties the new third color and it will seem intentional.

• Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    My plan is to do something like this. I think a boutonniere with a wine color flower will bring it together enough for me. Maybe try and get a tie the same color as the suits. Just a thought...

Tie Crisis 1
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I was going to suggest the same as the PP with coordinating the tie with the suit color. My friend did this as well and it looked very nice. I think what they did was they had a pocket square in one of their colors instead.

• Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

Have you looked on Knotty.com? I think they have colors to match Azazie.

• Cheryl
    Expert November 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    What color are their suits? I would say to just match the tie to the suit as well. I actually like that look better than when the guys match the girls. I think it looks more elegant.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

Even if you end up having different tie colors, I think it will be fine. I think it'll actually look better than being all matchy - matchy!

• Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

Do you have another color that you're using? I always think it looks nice to have the tie a different color than the dresses. Looks less like prom. We got our ties from TieBar and were very happy with them. My girls wore dusk, and our guys wore these ties:

Tie Crisis 2

https://www.thetiebar.com/product/31626, it was the "wedded lace" in lavender.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We ordered ties from The Tie Bar. They had patterns but similar color to the bridesmaids dresses. I'd just do that!

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    Our dresses were from azazie as well (dusty blue) and when we finally got around to looking at ties, the production time was too long! So I checked out TieMart.com — they sent me a whole page of samples and we chose 2 from those (one color for groom, another for groomsmen). They weren’t an *exact* match but close enough to coordinate nicely — and they came in super quick and were super cheap and reasonable quality for the price. Ordering the swatches was worth while bc they had a TON of color options, but the names didn’t necessarily coordinate (their “dusty blue” was closer to azazie’s “storm” for example, and their lighter blue a better match for our dresses), so worth seeing in person rather than relying on the names— but other than that, they worked perfectly for us!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics