Sabrina
Beginner October 2020

Tiara's yes or no

Sabrina, on September 22, 2019 at 11:20 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 39
Saved

my dress. Tiara's yes or no 1Tiara Tiara's yes or no 2

Hello Everyone. So this is my beautiful dress and veil (already purchased). I am thinking about getting this tiara or something similar, but at the same time I am wondering if the tiara is a good call. I'm not a girly girl and my style is typically scrubs or t-shirt/jeans. So I was extremely surprised to fall in love with a ball gown. We were joking around when we took the tiara picture. And after I left with the dress and veil, I looked through the pictures and fell in love with it. However, when I try to look for pictures to get a better idea of hair styles with tiaras and tiaras don't seem to very popular anymore. Can I get everyone's options and see pictures of your tiara. And your thoughts on mine is welcome as well. Thanks.

39 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on September 26, 2019 at 1:32 PM
  • S
    Devoted October 2019
    Summer ·
    • Flag
    Something like this would be cute, but without the pearl things and instead the tiara

Tiara's yes or no 3

Tiara's yes or no 4
  • S
    Devoted October 2019
    Summer ·
    • Flag
    I found these hair styles too

Tiara's yes or no 5

Tiara's yes or no 6

Tiara's yes or no 7
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    You could always do a low bun like Meghan Markle did for her wedding day! I think it was absolutely stunning with her makeup and veil.

Tiara's yes or no 8
  • Sabrina
    Beginner October 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was thinking of doing half up-half down since my hair has grown a bit since this photo. I wear my hair typically in a high pony tail since if it's any lower I just mess with it cause I feel like it's just falling out.

• Laura
    Dedicated November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    These were the first images I found on google and I think any of these styles would be lovely (though you'd probably need extensions to get the look). And don't worry about tiaras not being 'in'! Wear what you like, it's your big day with your FH!

Tiara's yes or no 9
  • Sabrina
    Beginner October 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Those are pretty. My hair isn't too far from these lengths. My photos were taken back in January and I haven't cut it much since then. I want it long for the wedding. Give me more to work with.

• __
    Dedicated November 2020
    __ ·
    • Flag
    I actually thought about wearing one, but it looks like too much with my dress and everything. I say go for it! You can make a tiara for any hairstyle, just talk to your stylist about it and if you have a set hairstyle you want, they can tell you how to make it work or you can decide together on what looks best if you’re not sure yet. I used to work at a hair salon and they don’t mind the challenge of making hair accessories work. Go for the tiara! When else in your life will you have an excuse to wear one? Haha
  • Sabrina
    Beginner October 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Right! I mean I've already got the ball gown. Why not go the extra step. I'm currently looking for a stylist, so this makes a great talking point. Thank you.

• __
    Dedicated November 2020
    __ ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly! Go big or go home! Hahaha but honestly it looks great on you and I can picture it perfectly with your dress and veil! And yes, maybe have that be one of your questions of what hairstyles would you recommend with a tiara and then see if they come up with good ideas on the spot or if they struggle. It’ll let you know their level on creativity, possible experience and ability to think on their toes! Sometimes you need that for the day of the wedding haha
  • Sabrina
    Beginner October 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is something I truly never thought of. And thank you. I didn't want something that screamed "I'M A PRINCESS!!" but this one is like hey I am a girl lol. I wear scrubs every day and for this one day I want to feel pretty and look amazing. But definitely going to keep the tiara in mind when talking to stylist.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I am all for hair accessories. I think the tiara looks nice on you
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

I love yours! I vote go with it! I originally was going to just do a tiara until I found the perfect veil. I have super short hair so I had a simple mini ponytail that helped hold my veil in and just popped the tiara in front

Tiara's yes or no 10

• M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t recommend a 👸. They have Hair Vines at Michael’s. You could purchase one with a 50% off coupon.

It’s only ONE day.

You still have to pay bills the next day, week, and month.

Don’t go into debt or broke over one day.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Personally, I like a sparkly hair band or the vines above -- they give the "look" without risking being too much and are more sophisticated in my opinion. I think it's really easy for an inexpensive tiara to look too young and/or over the top. (But, I'm probably biased because daughter wore one to her Sweet 16, so they have more of that or a Homecoming Princess connotation for me.) Your dress and veil are beautiful!

• Arielle
    Expert August 2020
    Arielle ·
    • Flag

I am not huge on tiaras, but if you are, you should totally get one. I personally think you could find a better style to match your dress though.

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

I went back and forth on the decision to have a tiara or not. But then I thought, when am I going to have another chance to wear one? Never! So, here it is. I say go for it!!

Tiara's yes or no 11

Tiara's yes or no 12

• Sabrina
    Beginner October 2020
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Love yours Smiley heart

• Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    If you want a tiara, get a tiara! It shouldn’t matter how many other brides are wearing them, if it makes you feel beautiful then go for it!
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

If it makes you feel bridal, go for it! As a PP said, what better time to wear one than your wedding?

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    Do it! If it's something you want, when will the opportunity arise again?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics