Tina
March 2020

This could only happen to me!馃榿

Tina, on November 14, 2019 at 2:11 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save
I live with my FH and this morning I decided to try on my dress while he was at work. I was in our bedroom trying on accessories when I decided to go downstairs to see if I could find an ivory sash I had packed away. I walk past the front door in my gown and look out and there's FH's truck!! I run, RUN, up the stairs go into our bedroom and lock the door!! Next thing I know he's trying to get in the bedroom. I'm like "no!". He was so confused. Lol He kept saying, "but it's just me". Luckily he was just stopping to get something and left. I texted him what I was doing., goodness only knows what he was thinking 馃榿 But after all that I realise I'm sweating (wedding dresses get warm) and try to get out of the dress but I can't!!! I can't undo the buttons. I got in fine but in my panicked sweaty state I was struggling to get out. OMG! It took me a good 15 minutes to escape my dress. I was never so happy to be free! Never again!! 馃槀

7 Comments

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy
    • Flag

OMG! That was a close one!! Probably WAY too close from where you're standing. Wow. Reading that story made my heart start to pound!!

This is exactly why I'm keeping my dress at FMILs house. I would be tempted to put it on everyday, and it would only be a matter of time before FH saw it. So, I'm not even putting myself in that position.

Ok, just breathe. You'll laugh about this one later!

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy
    • Flag
    Wow that was a close call. Now that you鈥檝e escaped the dress I鈥檓 sure you can laugh. 馃槉
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    That's so funny and a close one ahah.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    Tee hee. Close one! But I鈥檓 relieved you didn鈥檛 rip your dress. This can just be a funny story now. 馃槅
  • Kari
    Devoted May 2020
    Kari
    • Flag

I can feel your terror! My FH travels for work occasionally and I try to plan all my "get my dress out" moments for times when I know he's in another part of the country so I don't have to worry about him coming home unexpected.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    • Flag
    Oh gosh!!! Kudos for running up the stairs in your gown girl!! Glad he didn't catch you!
  • Barbara
    Dedicated January 2020
    Barbara
    • Flag
    Close call that's a funny story. Glad he didn't see you!

Comment on this discussion