Melissa
Savvy October 2020

The veil!

Melissa, on December 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 21
Saved Save

Who would have thought the veil would be so pricey? I was very surprised. Does anyone recommend beautiful veils that are less than $300 (cathedral style)?

21 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I would check out Etsy, specifically Blanca Veils.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen Online ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from Etsy and the seller was Alex Bridal but if you are looking for a Cathedral veils I suggest Blanca veils as the previous poster suggested because she had more of us election for Cathedral veils. A friend of mine used her and loved it.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

To echo PPs, you can find good priced ones on Etsy and Amazon!

• Melissa
    Savvy October 2020
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!

• Melissa
    Savvy October 2020
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Perfect! thank you!

• Melissa
    Savvy October 2020
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome! I am so glad I asked! Thank you!

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Amazon has a LOT of cathedral veils for way under $300. I bought mine for $20.

• Kathryn
    Super April 2020
    Kathryn Online ·
    • Flag
    Yeah, I found bridal salons had the same veils you can find on Etsy and Amazon for a lot cheaper. Blanca veils is the one most people recommend - Samantha is amazing and great to work with. My David's Bridal veil was overpriced and already started to unravel - I bought another from Blanca and can't wait to get it.
  • Jenna
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

I got a cathedral length veil for $16 on JJs House. If it's *terrible* I can get another but wanted to at least have something to try on at the fitting - and it actually has really great reviews so I think it will be great!! Etsy would be my next place to shop as mentioned before me!

• KP19
    Savvy November 2019
    KP19 ·
    • Flag

CocoMelody

• Watts
    Super March 2020
    Watts ·
    • Flag
    I got a cathedral raw edge veil for $16 on Amazon. It looks almost as good as the $500 one at the bridal shop.
  • Kari
    Super May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Amazon. I watched a video by a YouTuber that recommended a cathedral veil on there that was only $15, then I went and searched myself and found many affordable options that had tons of positive reviews and user photos. I'm not sure how many great options there are for embellished veils, but if you are just looking for a simple tulle veil there are definitely inexpensive ones.

• Samantha
    Dedicated July 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I actually got mine from Amazon. Not sure how detailed you want yours, the one i got was plain, but very good quality for $15

• L
    Devoted August 2019
    Leaves232 ·
    • Flag
    I knew the style of veil I wanted for my wedding was going to be pricey - cathedral length, beaded, and with a blusher. But I also refused to pay the crazy prices. I was decided to sew beads onto a plain veil myself. I bought a plain veil from JJ's house for $20 and started my little project in March. I finished, no joke, the day before my wedding in August. Now I kinda understand why these things are so expensive! (At least the hand made ones.)
  • L
    Devoted May 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did the exact same thing! Though not cathedral length. I got mine in and it was perfect! I hope it works out for you too! I definitely reccomend checking out JJs house!
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated January 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

I got mine for $100 where I bought my dress, cathedral length, no lace, clean cut and it's perfect! Check other bridal stores or even fb marketplace for a used one!

• Morgan
    Savvy August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    I bought mine on amazon for $15!
  • Melissa
    Savvy October 2020
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Melissa