Jessica
Dedicated August 2019

The silly stuff (opinions please!)

Jessica, on August 20, 2019 at 7:38 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 23
Saved
Okay my wedding is this Saturday! Yes 4 days! I have everything done but now I’m second guessing the silly stuff... garter removal/toss and bouquet toss or more dance time! I just can’t decide. HELP!!

23 Comments

Latest activity by L. Thomson, on August 21, 2019 at 11:15 AM
  • Selena
    Super September 2019
    Selena ·
    • Flag
    We chose not to do them because we have few single guests.
  • Keri
    Expert November 2019
    Keri ·
    • Flag
    More dance time! It's awkward if you don't have a lot of single guests. I also wouldn't want my FH up my dress for all to see.
  • Kora
    Expert September 2021
    Kora ·
    • Flag
    I agree with more dance time!! Wooo! But if you are not planning on keeping your bouquet maybe you can give it to someone special.. (mom, Grandma,aunt, etc)
  • Kora
    Expert September 2021
    Kora ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I feel the same way.. save that for later!
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I'd choose more dance time! The garter toss can be awkward for guests, so we're skipping that. The bouquet toss isn't my cup of tea either, but it's less awkward than the garter toss Smiley laugh

• Desiree
    Super March 2020
    Desiree ·
    • Flag

These are all things I am second guessing too! (7 mo away from wedding)

I just feel so awkward having my FH up my dress in front of my family... They are old, and therefor old fashioned. This seems so raunchy for such a classy event. I think we can save that tradition for the honeymoon.

To throw the bouquet, I mean everyone knows their guests best. I have a lot of already married/single guests coming that probably wouldn't want to participate but who cares. I still think it'd be fun, so I'll probably do it. But just ask yourself who would participate? I think it's a fun tradition. Smiley smile

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    Breathe. No matter what you do, it’s going to be an amazing day. Try to just go with the decisions you made initially. Don’t change too many things last minute. It’s so easy to plan and then plan again and again until you make yourself crazy. In 10 years or even 1 year you won’t remember which you did, and you won’t care either, I promise! Let yourself relax, and enjoy the excitement of this last week instead of second guessing all the details! 3$
  • Alicia
    Devoted October 2021
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    My fiance and I decided nobtk bouquet toss and garter. I'm going to wear a garter for my fh to retrieve later and have a keepsake
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    It spends on your crowd I think. As I guest I would prefer more dance time.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I agree with PPs, more dance time. It’s more enjoyable for guests and way less awkward than the tosses.
  • Amber
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    It’s totally up to you & is your day, so do whatever you want! Personally, I think the garter/bouquet toss is kinda cheesy. Plus the whole idea of whatever woman catches the bouquet is next to be married off is a bit old school for me. Me and FH agreed that we would skip this stuff. We are also not having a bridal party so we are definitely not aiming for traditional!
  • I
    Expert August 2021
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    More dance time. Those traditions seem to be for newly married couples who are just starting their lives together. Letting go of the "single life" Nowadays most couples live together and have started their lives together before they are married.

I would also say it depends on your crowd. I'm skipping bc most are married who are coming
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    We chose not to. I don’t want my fiancé up my dress in front of a bunch of people. I did not want to pay for a second bouquet to throw and get ruined. Lol I sound cranky.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I would say stick with your original plan. I think it's normal to want to change your mind on the little stuff, but if it really bothers you I would definitely opt for more dance time.
  • Stephanie
    Super August 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    We decided to forgo the bouquet and garter tosses as well, wanting more dance time and I don’t want FH up my dress in front of everyone! It’s entirely up to you though!!!
  • Sylvie
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Sylvie ·
    • Flag
    We added an hour extra to our venue to allow the toss.
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

We agreed that we definitely didn't want to do a garter toss, but FH liked the idea of a bouquet toss and an anniversary dance. We have a lot of friends in relationships but most of them aren't married, so we'll have plenty of girls available for the bouquet toss.

• Kirsten
    Savvy August 2021
    Kirsten ·
    • Flag
    More dance time for sure!!!
  • J
    Master October 2019
    Jolie ·
    • Flag

It takes less than 10 mins to do both combined. I don't see the harm in it or that it's drastically cutting into dance time. It's not like it takes a half hour to complete said tasks.

• Florida Marlins
    Expert October 2017
    Florida Marlins ·
    • Flag

More dance time - I am 54 and even as a teen/unmarried woman in my 20's I loathed the bouquet toss - I would hightail it to the bathroom until it was done. No one likes to be singled out for not being married.

Do what you want but do not feel pressured to do either!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics