Mrs. Spring
Master April 2021

The Dress Dun Dun Dun!

Mrs. Spring, on October 18, 2020 at 9:53 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 41
Saved
Where did you all buy your wedding dress from? How did you decide it was the one for you?The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 1

The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 2

The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 3

The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 4

41 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs. Spring, on October 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM
  • Lisa
    Super October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I got my dress from a local boutique here in Vegas. I knew it was the one because I genuinely felt beautiful in it and it is light weight and had all the elements I wanted. It was the only dress I tried on twice, just to make sure, but I knew it was the one when I tried it on the first time.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I got my dress at Schaffer’s bridal in Des Moines, Iowa. It was a little over 5 hour drive each way (10+ hours total), but so worth it! I had seen a dress online that was love (obsession) at first sight. I looked everywhere for a bridal boutique that had a sample i could try on & the closest one was Schaffer’s. I knew the instant I turned around & looked in the mirror that it was The One. I couldn’t stop smiling. It just felt “right” and I had no interest in trying on any more dresses after that.
  • Day
    Expert July 2021
    Day ·
    • Flag
    I’ve always wanted or at least seen myself in a mermaid/trumpet off shoulder wedding dress. I found an ivory dress on Poshmark and I ended up buying it. Though it was pretty, I didn’t feel that it was ‘The One’ for a few reasons. The biggest reason being that I felt that it looked like any other prom dress because it was rather simple (no sequins, no sparkle, just lace and tulle). I also couldn’t get past the color... I didn’t feel like a bride in a dress what was champagne underlay with ivory lace over top. It just didn’t scream bride. I guess I just wanted a white dress. I found another dress on StillWhite and it checked all the boxes. I typically hate sequins but this one had the sequins delicately placed (not thrown on).
    Dress 1:
    The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 5
    Dress 2:The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 6

• A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    Ordered mine from Lulus and when I put it on, it was so unexplainable lol the pearls, the heavy chiffon, I felt like a princess 👸🏻
  • A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I got it from a bridal boutique about an hour or so away. I just had a feeling when I tried it on, and only one other dress compared. I tried them both on for a second time, and my dress just felt more “bridal” than the other option. It was definitely the right choice. It’s very “me.”
  • Sharon
    Super September 2021
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from David's Bridal. It was the first dress I tried on and I felt absolutely beautiful in it and everyone said I glowed in it. I did try on others to be sure but nothing compared to that feeling I had in the first one.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I made appointments @ 3 different boutiques. It was the 7th dress I tried on & I felt beautiful in it. I still had my 2nd appointment to go to & I couldn’t commit to the dress. I went to my other appointment, tried on 5 other dresses & compared each one to that last dress from the other boutique. I knew than that that was my dress. Bought it at Brilliant Bridal in Phoenix. It has everything I wanted & I can envision myself marrying him in it.
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good for you! It better be the one with driving 5 hours for it!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice! And isn't lulu's affordable too? Even better.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what my mom said too! LOL She thought I was crazy for wanting to drive that far just to try on a dress
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! Great point. It's best that the dress chosen is very "you." Thanks for sharing.
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good on ya for making sure it was right for you.
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice! I've heard great things about that bridal shop. My sister used to live in Phoenix so I'm slightly familiar with the area.
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My dress was under $300!The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 7

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh nice! This is stunning and affordable!
  • Cassidy
    VIP October 2017
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    Macy’s. It was a prom dress. I knew it was mine because it was fitted and as soon as I put it on I just said “ooh I really like this.”
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my goodness! That sounds awesome! Do you feel comfortable sharing a pic of it?
  • Cassidy
    VIP October 2017
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The Dress Dun Dun Dun! 8October 21, 2017.

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice! I love it! Unfortunately, My bust is too big to wear sleeveless dresses. I'll definitely be on the lookout for white/Ivory prom dresses.
  • Cassidy
    VIP October 2017
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Also, there's some gorgeous dresses off amazon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics