Nicole
Devoted April 2020

The cute things Fh's do...

Nicole, on October 2, 2019 at 5:17 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 15
Saved Save

Aside from the wedding, if your birthday or anniversary passes through while planning, does your FH do anything special? Usually it's out of the normal and then you're surprised?

last week was my birthday and he brought an assortment of flowers with roses and my favorite bottle of wine. he isn't the "card hunting" type but he nailed it. **Let's get real for a sec. I don't know what the h*ll the world would do without you. SERIOUSLY. You're like the awesomest, kindest, absolute #1 human being on the face of the planet. I think my world would spontaneously combust if you weren't in it.**

it was the cutest thing, normally its a standard birthday card and a dinner date. But because he had a softball game, he added some flare to the end of the day by giving me 6 shooters of rum and i sat with the girls doing the cheerleader thang rooting them on! They lost their game but it was a great game nonetheless!

What do your FH's do to be cute and surprise you?

15 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    That's adorable Smiley smile during the wedding planning he got me some flowers and a card as a thank you for the hard work I was putting in for our happily ever after
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    We get each other random cute cards for no real occasion. Or sometimes when he goes grocery shopping he'll pick up something he knows I like and didn't ask for. We're pretty boring haha
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thats not boring. even if its a candy bar its the small things that matter. simple reminders give us those warm fuzzy feelings!

• Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Smiley heart love it when they card hunt!!

• W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag
    He sometimes comes over early before I get home from work and cleans my dishes.

My Birthday was a few weeks ago and he got me a sweet card and we did the standard dinner date. Which was fine but he took me to my favorite place and gave me a nice massage. He’s the sweetest man ever and is always doing little things to show me.
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Once in awhile he brings me flowers for no reason, or he calls and says he's picking up dinner. He's not overly romantic so i'm happy to get that.

• Kelsey
    Devoted October 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    He doesn’t do much, his personality is not naturally thoughtful...but a couple days ago I was having a rough day (on top of planning a wedding, I work full time, I’m in grad school, my fiancé has a 9 year old who we have full time) my grandfather was recently diagnosed with a terminal brain infection and has been rapidly declining and was admitted to the hospital for the 3rd time in the past month and it just hit me the other day and I was a mess. I live close to my work (he does not) and he came all the way home for lunch and made me lunch and just spent time with me. It really showed me how much he cares and loves me
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Dang girl, you've got tons going on. I'm sorry to hear the rough time you're having. Seriously. But it's super nice when they recognize when you need em! Keep your head up.
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

We both kind of ignored birthdays this year. His mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few days before my birthday and she passed 7 days before his. It just didn't feel right mentioning it. His card to me mentioned being his wife next time he buys a birthday card but it was all real low key. He wouldn't even open anything I got him for his, which I totally get, hes 32 and his mom was only 60, its been a really rough couple weeks, but I did make him cinnamon roles and woke him up with breakfast in bed and picked up a football feast for a king.

Aside from birthdays though, if he knows I've been working hard on something wedding related he will stop at the gas station and get me a single red rose. I will leave him Reese's cups around the house (out of the reach of the dogs of course) for him to find.

• Renee
    Super October 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag

My FH will randomly buy me flowers to surprise me. He always gets them out of the blue (never because we were fighting) and it always makes me feel special. Recently I had a bad week and when I came out to my car the one morning, after getting off of work, there were roses and petals all over the car. Plus he bought me something for the wedding, a card, and some candy. I almost cried. It was he best way to end a rough night at work

For my birthday, he always asks me what I want to do. For like 5-6 years, I'd have a Halloween party and invite a bunch of friends but last year I didn't feel like going through the hassle of buying a bunch of food, making a bunch of cute snacks for the adults and for the kids, and all the work that went into it. So I just wanted a night with him and the kids. He brought down mattresses and sleeping bags, had the kids get their pj's on, ordered my favorite take out, got a bunch of candy, and got some new movies. We all had a giant "slumber party" in our living room, surrounded by gifts from him and the kids. It was perfect.

• Rebecca
    Super August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We all but ignored birthdays this year, in the spirit of all the money going to the wedding.

We *did* go to the zoo for our anniversary, just to do something fun.

DH's 'thoughtful' things tend to be more food or domestic chore oriented, which I find super sweet and helpful.

• Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awww that's so adorable!! I got warm fuzzy feelings inside for you. That's super sweet. Whenever we take my neice and nephew and have his kiddo, we build forts in the living room and tell stories where our imagination take over the entire evening
  • Heather
    Devoted April 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    That’s so sweet. FH used to get me flowers every month ( the fancy 1800flowers ones lol) but he still does things to surprise me. Just a few weeks ago we did a surprise mini vacation. But I appreciate him so much because I’ve been sick this week, and he made sure to stay home, make me homemade soup, special tea and pump me full of medication and vitamins lol. When I had to work and wasn’t feeling up to it he made sure to get up early and make me breakfast and make sure I took medicine. He’s the best man for taking care of me when I’m at my lowest.
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thats super sweet! it's interesting just when we think they don't do anything 'little' they surprise us in the end. their colors shine when you're not at your strongest but the weakest.

• Jill
    Expert May 2020
    Jill ·
    • Flag

FH will make me brownies or buy flowers when I have had a bad day or have been gone for an extended period of time Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion