We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

DabC
Dedicated January 2021

Thank you notes- include cash amount or no

DabC, on January 26, 2021 at 6:50 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 22

Hello everyone, Ok I'm seeing different etiquette rules on the internet so which one is it when writing thank you notes, do I include the amount of the cash gift or not?? Are there rules like only include it if it goes over a certain amount? Most people gave $100 but there's 1 each of $50, $150,...

Hello everyone,

Ok I'm seeing different etiquette rules on the internet so which one is it when writing thank you notes, do I include the amount of the cash gift or not??

Are there rules like only include it if it goes over a certain amount? Most people gave $100 but there's 1 each of $50, $150, $200, $300, and the grandparents and parents gave $500-$1000 each. Like I don't know where to go with this and I'm trying to knock these out now. (Only had 50 attendees and about 8 cards from non-attendees)

22 Comments

• Kelly
    Dedicated February 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

I think when it comes to money it's okay not to. I know when you are given physical gifts it is custom to put what the gift was but I was told when it comes to money it is tacky to write the amount.

• A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    You don’t mention the amount because it isn’t important. They were thoughtful enough to give you a gift, and that’s super sweet! People will often include how they will use the gift, but it’s not required.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics