Yvana
Dedicated June 2020

Tall Brides

Yvana, on October 17, 2019 at 5:22 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved
I bought my wedding dress this past weekend and was told by the ladies that I should already start looking at wedding shoes so that I can have it ready when it comes time for my fitting. My issue lies in....I don’t know what shoes to get 😫! I am about 5’8 and my FH is about the same height as me. I don’t like wearing heels because its uncomfortable and there is also the issue that I don’t want to look taller than him because I know it will bother me to see photos where I look super tall (an insecurity of mine). I had seen someone post these shoes in a previous forum from three years ago so when I checked Davids Bridal’s website I didn't see it. Do any of you ladies know where I can find these shoes or a style just like it? You can even post any shoe ideas you think could work for me. I’ll take any help or advice at this point. Thank you in advance!

Tall Brides 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Yvana, on October 18, 2019 at 6:40 PM
  • Da Mom
    August 2022
    Da Mom ·
    • Flag

There are a lot of bridal looking flats on Amazon. You can always add gems to any plain shoe if you don’t find exactly what you’re looking for. Keep mind though that jewels can snag and pull on the dress depending on the material it’s made of. I saw these on Amazon and think they’re pretty Smiley smile

Bridal flats for womenTall Brides 2

• Devoted December 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    I’m 5’10 and my fiancé is 5’7! I will be wearing flats! I got these https://www.naturalizer.com/Mobile/ProductDetail.aspx?p=EC0215368 I also added a jeweled clip to the top of the shoes for extra bling and you could do the same!

these are close to what you posted! https://www.naturalizer.com/Mobile/ProductDetail.aspx?p=EC0230846
  • Yvana
    Dedicated June 2020
    Yvana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thats a very good point! I didn’t think about how the jewels could potentially snag on the dress and ruin the material. Thank you!
  • Yvana
    Dedicated June 2020
    Yvana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Where did you find the jeweled clip? Do you by any chance have an image as to how the clip looks?
  • Sarah
    Devoted April 2022
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Betsey Johnson has a bridal collection called Blue that has a ton of gorgeous flats!

Tall Brides 3
  • Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    • Flag
    Hey there.
    Im 5'9 and I hear ya!!
    I went with these cute kitten heels by Badgley Mischka.

Tall Brides 4

Tall Brides 5
  • Amy
    Dedicated August 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    5'11" here and the struggle is real. We are wearing custom converse in our wedding colors bc we prefer comfort and i do not want to be taller. We are the same height.
  • Devoted December 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Actually from amazon! Elegant park brand. https://www.amazon.com/slp/decorative-shoe-clips/paxmvyvz8p5e4f7

I went with Naturalizer because many other wedding shoes are made out of synthetic/man mad materials so they don’t stretch as well. I wanted my feet to be comfy so going with leather or suede was the best option for me!

Tall Brides 6
  • Erin
    Dedicated August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag

I'd looked around on DSW for just white flats since I'm in the same boat.... I'm 5' 10" and FH is like 5' 8" and I don't want to be any taller than him in pictures than I already am. Depending on the look you're going for, a department store like Macy's or Dillard's might have a similar white flat.

• Christine
    Savvy November 2019
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé is shorter than me by about 2 inches so heels were a no go. I’m wearing Toms because they’re flat and super comfortable to wear all day!
  • MIWM
    VIP June 2019
    MIWM ·
    • Flag

Kitten heels may work

• Yvana
    Dedicated June 2020
    Yvana ·
    • Flag
    Thank you ladies ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles