K
Beginner June 2021

Super early rsvp date

Katy, on March 10, 2020 at 11:44 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 12
Saved
Hi! I ordered my invites off of Zazzle and realized after the fact that I put the RSVP date wrong - I put the date that I had meant to actually MAIL them (8 weeks out) instead of the date I should have received an response by. BRIDE BRAIN?? It's too late to cancel the order.

Can I send them out anyway as a lot of people don't get back to you on time anyway, plus most of our guests are from out of town and have to plan travel arrangements. We are not doing a very formal, normal wedding and are doing online RSVPs if it matters.
Thanks for the help!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ian, on March 11, 2020 at 1:55 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    If that’s the case then I guess it’s ok since most people must travel
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

You could try contacting customer service and see if it could be changed?

• Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag

Honestly, it's probably not worth the effort and money to get new ones. No one will remember your RSVP date was too early on the cards Smiley smile But you will want to reach out to your guests to let them know the actual RSVP date if you don't plan to send them until after that date has passed (include an insert or something like that)

• Kelsi
    Expert June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    • Flag

You could always include an "oops" slip of paper, clarifying the RSVP date.

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I would try contacting Zazzle and explain what happened. A lot of these companies are good about helping out.
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    Definitely call zazzle ASAP to see if you can change it, I’ve heard of people catching an error post order with other companies and they were able / willing to fix it! Absolutely worth the phone call.

The thing that I would be concerned about is that not *everyone* is that bad at rsvping, and in fact some people are very meticulous about making the deadline. I was once invited to a wedding wedding with a very early rsvp deadline, and I rsvped no, because I didn’t know by that date whether I’d be able to make it or not. I was more comfortable saying no and missing it no matter how my schedule turned out than saying yes when uncertain and running the risk of having to cancel (which is a situation I’d really never put myself in)
  • Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Oh gosh girl the Bride Brain is SO REAL!!!

I would first contact Zazzle. If they aren't offering to do anything, I would say just send them. So many people don't even pay attention to that date (it's unfortunate).

• Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

I Think They'll Be Fine. My Wedding Is Oct 17, RSVP Deadline Is August 1st. Sending Them Out In May-June.

• K
    Beginner June 2021
    Katy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much for all of your insight! I'm grateful for the support! 💖
  • Jennifer
    VIP August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I would contact Customer Service and see if they can change it. If not, I would just get some business cards form Vistaprint (100 for $15) stating that the RSVP date is actually X instead of X. People make mistakes, and your family and friends will understand that!

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I had a mistake on our rsvp cards from them as well. I called right away and they refunded me my order so that I could order the correct ones. They also provided me a coupon and free shipping. The RSVP cards even came faster than our invitations from them. They have great customer service!
  • Ian
    Savvy June 2021
    Ian ·
    • Flag

Call Zazzle and see what they can do. They should definitely be sympathetic to the problem.

At worst... maybe people will finally RSVP by the time you wanted them to in the first place!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics