Saved
Thoughts on a Sunday wedding?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on May 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I had a Sunday wedding. It was amazing. We just had an earlier start and end time because of the sunset in the winter and so people could drive home and go to work Monday if they needed to.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I have been to a couple sunday weddings and i do suggest if you can, have an earlier start.

• Allison
    Savvy August 2021
    Allison ·
    • Flag

Not my first choice, but because of COVID we had to postpone and were only able to get a Sunday date. We decided to not change anything and our reception will end at 10pm. I figure, people will either leave early if they must, or they'll just take the following Monday off from work.

• A
    Super December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag

We're doing a Sunday wedding. My guests are coming from out of state/country so no matter what they will have to take a day off to travel. We figured Sunday was great because people could relax on Monday morning and still have time to fly back in the afternoon.

I prefer those to Friday weddings.

• RaylaSan
    Expert February 2021
    RaylaSan ·
    • Flag

Having a Sunday wedding, and while it isn't everyone's ideal, we made sure to choose a date that had a national holiday celebrated the next day that way guests didn't have to worry about work and school. We are having our wedding start at 3:30 pm, that way the religious guests, can opt to go for a very early church reception if they want to.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I'm not a fan. I find them to be inconvenient. They typically occur earlier in the day, which to me are not as pretty or as enjoyable. If they occur at night, it is inconvenient for guests because most have to work the next day. Saturday weddings are always preferred, but I'd rather attend a Friday night wedding than a Sunday wedding!

• Futuremrsn
    Devoted October 2020
    Futuremrsn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same! We went from a Saturday to a Sunday, as those were the only available days this year. My venue hosts weddings until 10pm anyway, so we figured we’d start around 4pm. My fiancé and I spoke about the fact that people will have work the next day, but if that is what determines someone attending or not, we gave everyone huge advance for the date!
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I have never been to a Sunday wedding, but we are supposed to be attending a Sunday wedding in October. The wedding was originally scheduled for a Sunday in June, but due to the virus it was postponed. We are also supposed to be attending a Friday wedding in September that was originally scheduled for a Saturday in May, but was also postponed. We choose not to have a Friday or Sunday wedding because all of our guests had to travel at least @.5 hours from our wedding. We got married in between where both or our families live since our families live in two different states. If you have a lot of guests traveling from out of town a Sunday wedding might not be ideal. The Sunday wedding we are attending is about 2.5 hours from where we live. It is from 3-9 so because we wouldn't get home too late (11:30 pm) we have no problems with going. If it was later or a further distance it would definitely be more difficult and we would have to take off work. I would also highly recommend sending save the dates so guests know well in advance so they can plan accordingly.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    While I don’t think it’s ideal it’s not the end of the world. Make it a bit earlier in the afternoon so people can stay for a while and have fun.
  • Jessica
    Devoted March 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

My only concern about a Sunday wedding is that people will start to leave early (to head back home for work in the morning). It all depends on if most of your guests are local or not, and if you guys love to party!

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I've been to loads of Sunday weddings and enjoyed every one. I am a huge fan of Sunday weddings and I definitely prefer them to Friday weddings

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag

I don't see anything wrong with it. Be prepared for people to arrive late if they are going to church services and leave early to get home for the workday ahead. A Sunday wedding is best suited for a desserts only or heavy appetizers reception that doesn't last very long.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    If local, I would go! A brunch wedding would be yummy. An evening wedding would be fine too but my hubby & I would want to leave by 8/8:30 pm to get ready for our work week.
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    I am doing a Sunday wedding. It made my venue affordable and I absolutely love my venue
  • Bridalbaddie2020
    Dedicated September 2020
    Bridalbaddie2020 ·
    • Flag
    I’m doing a Sunday wedding but it’s in the late morning into the afternoon, plus it’s on a holiday weekend so majority of the guests have Monday off.
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    We had a Sunday wedding and loved it. We had it from 12-5 so no one had to leave early. Even our out of town guests could leave on Sunday night without missing any of the wedding and without missing work on Monday. Plus then we also had Saturday for our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and we didn’t have to worry about our bridal party being able to attend that due to work conflicts, since it was a Saturday (if we had a Saturday wedding, the rehearsal and dinner would’ve had to be Friday). Plus we saved money by having our reception at lunch rather than dinner. You can serve less food at lunch, and less alcohol.

Seriously 0 regrets. It was perfect on a Sunday. Sunday was actually our first choice, just because I preferred it to be earlier in the day.
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

My wedding was originally on a Saturday, but due to COVID-19, I recently had to postpone my wedding to a Sunday in 2021 (the only date that all of my vendors were available). I was originally disappointed, but after talking to my guests, I'm starting to feel much better about it. All of our closest friends and family are planning on taking the following Monday off from work, so the experience really won't be that different from our original Saturday wedding plan. Plus we have the entire weekend to celebrate!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics