When the numbers started to plateau, and our state (Tennessee) began re-opening, my Fiancè and I decided we would continue with our wedding July 11, 2020. In our county, we had pretty much fully re-opened. Things were looking great. NOW there is another spike of cases going up all around us. Earlier in the Pandemic, we tried to re-book for a later date, but our venue was booked up. So, we are basically a little over a week away from our wedding, and just feel myself getting less excited again.. due to the spikes. Only 2 of our guests will be traveling from out of state (driving) for the wedding. We for sure thought we would have our guest list slashed, but majority have RSVP'd yes. We are at slightly over 100 guests. My question is, who are still going forward with their summer weddings? Where are you located? How are feeling?
But I am admittedly a little stressed seeing all of the states beginning to spike. We already rescheduled from 6/27.
I'm located in Maryland and going forward with my August 29th wedding well being forced to anyway. Maryland right now is in a good place with numbers declining, but honestly I don't think that will last. I have been trying to postpone my wedding since March! I am not excited about my wedding..I want to move it to next summer but my venue won't allow it. Technically unless Maryland moves into Phase 3, I can't have all my guests. I am not calling people to tell them they are uninvited so I'm hopeful that if we are still in this place a month out I will be able to postpone. I just don't feel comfortable having a wedding this summer or even attending any even with safety measures in place.
I am getting Married in California on August 14th right now the county we are getting married is in stage 3. We can have 50 guests as of now for our ceremony and reception. I am hoping the county will enter stage 4 by August, but that seems pretty unrealistic with the current spikes of the virus. I am stressed at the moment.....but staying positive! Hope you all have an amazing wedding day :-)
Unfortunately, we're dealing with the same thing here in Ohio. And ironically, we're supposed to go to TN for our honeymoon but our wedding is in 9 days (July 11) and we found out yesterday that both of my FH's grandparents tested positive for COVID AND so did his brother and his wife...his brother is his best man. We (thankfully) haven't been around them but we're still getting tested today just in case. If we're positive, we'll have no choice but to postpone and if we're negative, we'll have to proceed without his grandparents and his brother and sister in law. His brother is technically cleared after the 8th as long as his symptoms have decreased/gone away (he just has mild symptoms). I literally called my mom bawling last night and my FH was so upset and he was on the phone telling his dad how this isn't fair. I know that sounds selfish but I'm 30 years old and I'll be 31 on the 15th and I've been waiting for my big day for forever and this just sucks. There's no better word for it. If we're positive, we can't even get married on our date. This also makes everything so much scarier (they're the first people who we know personally who are positive).
We are also Tennessee (Memphis). We pushed our July 2020 wedding to February 2021. We made the decision in mid-June when we realized our church would keep all the restrictions. A week later cases started to quickly rise. What part of Tennessee are you two living in?
View Quoted Comment
I’m so sorry. This is so hard. My fiancé is 42 and I’m 36. I understand the “this isn’t fair” feelings. I say that to my fiancé frequently. When should your FH’s SIL be cleared if her symptoms go away?
View Quoted Comment
Hi Hallie, what county are you in if you don't mind me asking? Our planners recommended we move to next year because receptions are not allowed in California right now but several CA brides on here are allowed to have a reception and ceremony so I'm thinking it's County specific? And does your venue have any restrictions you have to follow?
Yes our wedding will be in Madera County. Our reception and ceremony are outside and when we met with our wedding venue coordinator they listed a few restrictions such as guest count 50 person max, families must be seated together, and our buffet dinner will now become plated. We met with them on June 20th and they were very confident we would have no issues..so fingers crossed we only have 7 weeks left! Hoping all works out well for you :-)
View Quoted Comment
That's so awesome, those restrictions don't seem too bad at all! Ah Madera County, we are in Sonoma County which is closer to the Bay so sadly we have a lot more cases. 7 weeks away, so exciting, best of luck I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding and everything will work out just fine 😊
We are going through the exact same thing in Indiana and our wedding is 8/15/2020. Cases are going up and now everyone is required to wear masks in some counties. However, masks are still optional in the county my venue is in for now. I see that changing if cases continue to rise. I’m worried we will have to cut our guest list or cancel if it gets too out of hand. Update us on how your wedding goes please! Good luck!
Me and my FH are still moving forward this Friday on the 17th and I know it’s stressful and overwhelming but it’s worth it I can’t really see myself waiting for the live of my life for us to be a whole. We have however less than 15 people and we a small ceremony and a restaurant dinner so you make it how you want it to be but outstanding remember it’s not about the wedding it’s about the marriage and between two people who will unite ❤️
I'm in Charleston, SC 😬 and our wedding is moving forward. We did cut the list down to about 60 people from 150. I was okay with shortening the list even lower but family and friends are still adamant to show. I am providing personalized masks and hand sanitizer for everyone. We all just pray things will go as planned.