Evelynn
Dedicated October 2021

Still not happy with any dress

Evelynn, on April 19, 2021 at 11:05 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 18
Saved
I purchased my dress but I still don’t love it. There was a second dress that I like but still don’t love. Either way these two dresses are what I can envision wearing there are just things about them that aren’t my favorite and alterations sort of made it clear some of the things I dislike can not be altered. I’m at the point that idc if I like the dress I just need someone to tell me which I’d more flattering. That’s all. Not the prettiest dress or fanciest dress. Just what seems to flatter my shape. My mom, bridesmaids or kids are just choosing what they like. They just don’t get it. Any opinions would be nice. Still not happy with any dress 1
Still not happy with any dress 2

Still not happy with any dress 3

Still not happy with any dress 4

18 Comments

Latest activity by Evelynn, on April 29, 2021 at 10:50 PM
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    Can you return it if you don’t like it?
  • Evelynn
    Dedicated October 2021
    Evelynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m still in the exchange/return window
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Still not happy with any dress 5

What about something more fitted?
  • Ava
    VIP May 2022
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    I am obsessed with this first dress you got!! Is it still a contender?? Not only is the dress SO unique and SO beautiful, but it looks AMAZING on your figure!
    Still not happy with any dress 6

• Evelynn
    Dedicated October 2021
    Evelynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m just a little self conscious wearing something fitted. I’m staying away from that style. That dress is beautiful though!
  • Evelynn
    Dedicated October 2021
    Evelynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you SO, SO much for saying that ☺️ Sadly my fiancé wasn’t fond of the bohemian theme I was going for. I ended up showing him the dress 😩 of course he ended up loving it, and regretted saying anything!
  • Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    The second one is beautiful!!
  • Ava
    VIP May 2022
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I say go with that one then! You love it, he loves it... and he definitely isn’t expecting it now! lol
  • Ava
    VIP May 2022
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    I think you definitely have the figure for a more fitted dress like the bohemian one. I wouldn’t waste that figure on an A-line or ballgown! I say either go with the bohemian, or one with that silhouette!
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie Online ·
    • Flag

Honestly, both dresses look really beautiful on you. In terms of what they look like on your figure - they are much of a muchness - they are both very flattering and pretty.

I think it would have to come down to what vibe you want on the day. The first is more classic, but also a little sexier with the split. The second is much more romantic and dreamy.

Personally, I LOVE very plain dresses, so I'd get the first (my own dress is very similar!)

• Christina
    Dedicated September 2022
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I totally agree with this ^^^ that one she posted looked amazing on you- you definitely have the figure
  • Erin
    Expert May 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag

I think the 2nd ones is more flattering on you...

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

Out of the 2, I would go with the lace. I personally think that flatters you better.

• Sam
    Devoted October 2021
    Sam Online ·
    • Flag
    HI there!

I’m a sucker for the classic/ simple yet elegant look. My vote is number 1. I feel like this one is more flattering on you as well!
    Good luck!
  • M
    Savvy August 2022
    Marion ·
    • Flag

Girl!!! You look HOT AF in the bohemian dress!

If not, the lace dress is runner up! Without the sleeves I reckon though.

• A
    Expert June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Both look super flattering!! Since the question is technically which one is more flattering, I guess I don't have an answer because I think they are both equally flattering!

• Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agreed. Get the dress you love. He will totally be surprised and wowed that day. The dress is stunning and you will also look different with hair and makeup done.

We had a Covid elopement and I wore my dress. I'm going to rewear it for our celebration. It won't matter that he has seen it before, he loves it.

• Evelynn
    Dedicated October 2021
    Evelynn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. All. I did end up going with the Saturn gown with the slit though🥰

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics