Emma
Dedicated November 2019

Staying together the night before the wedding

Emma, on October 6, 2019 at 7:21 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 10
Saved Save
Part of me wants to stay at my maid of honour/best friends house the night before to build excitement of seeing FH at the ceremony. However, the other part of me wants to stay with FH at our place as I know I’ll get a better sleep and feel more calm, and a good nights sleep is important to me.

For those of you that stayed together rather than seperate the night before the wedding- do you feel like this reduced the excitement/anticipation of seeing each other as you walk down the isle? Or was there still lots of build up?

10 Comments

• Destiera
    Devoted March 2020
    Destiera ·
    • Flag
    We plan on staying together the night before but I don’t think it would reduce it, I think it would be really nice to wake up together and share the first feeling of excitement on the special day! I don’t think I’d be able to sleep the night before if he wasn’t there either!
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    We stayed together and it didn’t change anything. He still cried when he saw me at first look and we were both super excited that morning. We got up and had coffee and then went our separate ways for the day.
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    We stayed together the night before and did a first look. I still cried when I walked down that aisle to him. I don't think it took anything away.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    It didn't really reduce it aha but I wanted to stay together anyway
  • Alyssa
    Expert June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    I think we will be staying together the night before-since all of my bridesmaids will be traveling with their husbands or boyfriends and will likely want to stay in their respective hotel rooms the night before the wedding. I can’t justify spending double on rooms for one night for traditions (we are not steadfast in any traditions).
  • Renee
    Super April 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag

I'm renting a place for all the girls to stay at the night before the wedding. About a third of our wedding party lives out of town so that's when I'm having a girls night (basically my bachelorette party) All the guys are staying at the house and are doing there thing. I'm excited to have a night with my friends/bridal party and to do that tradition.

• Carol
    Devoted October 2019
    Carol ·
    • Flag
    We just decided that FH will stay home with me. I know I'll feel so much better having him here. We'll be apart most of the day before the ceremony, so the excitement is sure to build up.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We stayed together the night before. It felt way more comfortable & relaxed, we both slept really well. I left at 9 AM and didn't see him until 5 PM at the ceremony walking down the aisle. I felt it was the perfect thing to do and we both had a super emotional time when I walked down the aisle!

• Brandi
    Devoted November 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag

I'm the total opposite. I fear that I'll be up with anxiety and will talk him to death instead of finding comfort and going to sleep. I am choosing to stay at my mom's house with my best friend and flower girl the night before. I want that "first look" experience. I want to experience that raw emotion.

• Naikesha
    Expert September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    • Flag

We aren't staying in same hotel room the night before! I want the first time he sees me to be that much more meaningful that he missed me even for the night.

Comment on this discussion