Skip to main content
Rissachu
Dedicated August 2019

Someone made me second guess my jewelry and shoes combo!

Rissachu, on July 4, 2019 at 7:30 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 21
Saved

So.. I figured that mixing silver and gold was no longer a faux pas. Like, who cares, right? So my shoes were gold flats, and my belt has silver accents and my necklace is silver. The necklace was given to my by my deceased grandfather so I really wanted to wear it.. and then someone heard I was mixing silver and gold and they proceeded to tell me it would be a terrible faux pas to do that! Now I am second guessing myself. Give it to me brutally honest, girls. Should I find another shoe? This is already my second pair! 😢

21 Comments

Latest activity by Future Mrs. McCully, on July 5, 2019 at 10:39 AM
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    If your dress is long no one will see your shoes. I would wear whatever you want and don’t listen to others.
  • Rissachu
    Dedicated August 2019
    Rissachu ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's long but there isn't a train. You can see the shoe when I walk. Ugh.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I promise no one is going to notice!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I’ve seen lots of people mixing metals these days and I feel like that rule is a little outdated. I personally don’t like mixing silver and gold, but I don’t think people will really see your shoes if your dress is long or care. It’s not like your layering gold and silver necklaces or a necklace and earrings that will he close together and really obvious. Wear what you like.
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Silver and gold are both metal colors, they can be mixed.
    Just wear what you want.
    I think its more interesting that a cookie cutter wedding with everything matching. That's boring in my opinion.
    Just carry a little of the silver and gold accents through out the wedding. It will be beautiful! Don't worry!
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Do what you'd like! Actually, mixing metals is in. Two-tone jewelry is pretty popular.
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I have wine colored shoes, a gold bracelet, gold earrings, and my necklace is gold with pearls, but my hair comb is all silver so I say wear what you have. If you love it then no one else's opinion should matter.
  • Marissa
    Dedicated July 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag

Sometimes people on here think they know everything. Wear what makes you feel beautiful because it's your day! And especially since it's a piece of jewelry that is quite sentimental. I say, go for it.

• Yvonne
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Yvonne ·
    • Flag
    It's 2019, you can wear whatever you darn well please!!!!!!! I bet it'll look beautiful!
  • Fwbride
    Super July 2024
    Fwbride ·
    • Flag
    My engagement ring is white gold and my wedding jewelry is a champagne gold. I am using my engagement ring as my wedding band so I’ll be wearing all my mixed metal jewelry together and I think it looks great together!
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Do whatever! Nobody is going to notice the shoes!
  • Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    I’m wearing a mix of jewelry as well. And my shoes aren’t wedding shoes either!! I would wear what you feel comfortable wearing and your a beautiful bride!!!
  • Katie
    Devoted November 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    My engagement ring is gold and everything else for my wedding day will be silver and I havent even thought about it twice. No one will even notice and I dont think it looks bad together.
  • Shannon
    Expert June 2021
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    I like the look of mixed metals. Do what you want to do.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    My engagement ring is white and yellow gold. I promise nobody will be looking that closely at what jewelry or shoes you wear.

• Kenzie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kenzie ·
    • Flag
    Mixing metals is fine and kind of a trend right now, I see it all the time! My engagement ring is rose gold but my rhr is silver, there’s been days when I’ve worn all 3 metals. I don’t think it’s a big deal, go ahead and wear them!
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·
    • Flag

Girl my entire wedding will be mixed.. I will be in silver/ white gold, my flower girls and décor include gold and my bridal party will be wearing rose gold. Don't worry about it mixing metals is extremely common these days if that's what you want to do I say go for it!

• Kat_
    Super October 2019
    Kat_ ·
    • Flag
    I say go for it! All that matters is how awesome you feel the day you get to marry your best friend!
  • Denise
    Super September 2019
    Denise ·
    • Flag

I don't think shoes matter. I'm going bare foot. I hate shoes. But if I was, I wouldn't let anyone else tell me what I could or couldn't wear on my day. Whether they think it's faux pas or not. Do you?

• latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    • Flag
    So whatever you like is my opinion. I don’t think anyone is going to take the time to compare the color of your shoes to the color of your jewelry. I love mixing the two and think if you do it right it really looks nice together. Two toned jewelry i see often.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics