We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Liz
Devoted June 2021

So sad

Liz, on March 6, 2020 at 9:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save
I know, I know, so much has been said about the corona virus but come on! I’ve been waiting for this wedding for 10 years and now so many of my dearest guests, my older family members don’t want to travel on a plane. Don’t get me wrong I don’t blame them one bit, I’d be devastated if they got ill from traveling to my wedding but that doesn’t make me any less sad. What’s hard is we were having a small 70 guest wedding anyway so every guest counts.😢

8 Comments

Latest activity by Angela, on March 13, 2020 at 5:25 PM
  • SONDRA
    Dedicated March 2020
    SONDRA ·
    • Flag

I feel you..... We have (older) family coming in for our wedding next weekend. PRAYING hard and repeating positive affirmations over and over in my head.

AND - our honeymoon in July is in Italy and Greece.

I work in a hospital and am getting emails daily, which isn't helping my anxiety over this.

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I’m sorry to hear this. It’s affecting so many peoples plans right now. Try to focus on the positive and enjoy your special day knowing that those gas that aren’t able to come really wanted to be with you. Perhaps you can set up some type of life streaming for a special family to watch.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Aw I’m sorry to hear. I hope you still have a good time with the people who do come though
  • Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

I have read so many post about this and all I can think of is all the planning that goes into even a small wedding. I cannot imagine the added stress! I am so sorry for you and all the other couples that are having to deal with this. Hopefully you still have a good turnout and your wedding is still amazing!

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

There's a lot of hype right now about this awful virus. I think it's important to keep informed and I hope people are. There's a great live interactive map on the John Hopkins website which gives up to the minute information about Coronavirus. With any luck we will be back to "normal" before our weddings roll around. As of now there are 600 confirmed US cases and only 22 deaths Recovery at only 8.

We have to follow safe practices; washing hands, not touching your face (things I hope we're already doing anyway)...

I'm sure your wedding will be absolutely amazing and beautiful. Sometimes smaller is better. Ours is scheduled for 25 and we have the same fears, but all we can do is think positive and cross fingers.

• Laura
    Super September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag

My wedding is the same date and we are in the same boat. But I am focusing on the love that we are sending in all directions and moving forward. Worst case scenario, it will be a small party - but a super fun and low stress one! Smiley heart Hang in there!!

• Olivia
    Dedicated December 2022
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry!! You must feel really disappointed. Just try and stay positive and focus on what matters; you and your SO are getting married!!!

• Angela
    Savvy October 2020
    Angela ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry Smiley sad

This really is a crazy time and no one could really foresee it during the wedding planning process. You are completely allowed to feel sad right now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles