D
Just Said Yes October 2019

Small Restaurant Wedding advice needed

DANI, on October 16, 2019 at 8:18 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 13
Saved Save
I am having an impromptu wedding celebration in 9 days. I have secured a 4 star restaurant that will have a catering menu for 40 and a wedding cake. There is no dancing, so no DJ required. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is amazing. It is BYOB, but we are providing the alcohol and the restaurant will serve it at a small serving station. Do I have to have a guestbook, card box, favors, or centerpieces or can I forgo all of those?

13 Comments

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra Online ·
    • Flag
    It's up to you if you want them!
    With it being so close, I'd skip them!
  • D
    DANI ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • D
    DANI ·
    • Flag
    If I forgo a card box, do guests just hand the cards to us? Do you think that's tacky?
  • W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag

We didn't have any of that for our restaurant wedding. Mostly to save on money and time. Sometimes the restaurant will provide a simple centerpiece for the table. Although I wish I had a card box, people will bring you cards any gifts regardless if you expect them or not.

• D
    DANI ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Noted. I found a cheap but pretty option on Amazon. The only other question I have with that, is where to place it?
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    You could do it if you want there to be something to do. I went to a small wedding recently and they had this fun marriage mad libs book go around to the guests to fill out
  • W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Depends on the set up. If you're going to have a private room to dine in you can use a spare table, or put it on your table? We had a few spare tables around I could have used for that.

• Emily
    Dedicated October 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Our restaurant wedding is on Saturday! We have a jenga guestbook, a big hurricane vase for cards, and some simple centerpieces... but it is definitely all optional. Our venue actually provides bud vases and votive candles, but we will all be sitting at one huge table (6x24) so we didn’t want the center to feel empty.
  • Celeste
    Dedicated October 2019
    Celeste ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agree - assuming you have a private or semi-private space, you can ask your restaurant for a draped table, or a high cocktail table. Put your card box on it, or any basket you have laying around the house, and folks will get the idea.

And definitely ask the restaurant if they have anything for centerpieces. Even if they don't do small florals, maybe they'll be able to put some votives on a mirror, or something like that. But in truth, your guests won't care about the centerpieces.

• D
    DANI ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all so much for your feedback. I purchased a small gift box for the envelopes. I don't think they'll have a spare table, it's a private room, but in the open, if that makes sense. As for the centerpieces, all tables have a red rose and votive combo, I think that should be enough. Congratulations, Emily!
  • L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

You can totally forego all those things if you want. Sounds like a fun wedding!

• D
    DANI ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • mrsanda
    VIP March 2017
    mrsanda ·
    • Flag
    It’s totally up to you however I think a card bag is good so you don’t loose them and a guest book of any kind is great because you want to remember or know who was there. Maybe just a nice note book or something. I think the free alcohol is enough along with food and dessert is a good favor!

Comment on this discussion