Yam
VIP September 2019

Slow dances for dummies

Yam, on August 21, 2019 at 5:24 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 11
Saved
FH and I can’t dance but we’re going to try anyway! We just want a romantic slow dance, no fancy footwork except maybe a twirl? Have you guys run across any good videos? Did you do an easy dance without falling on your face?
I just want that sweet loving moment with FH on the dance floor without it looking like we’re at a prom awkwardly squeezing each other.

Cinderella made this look so easy...

11 Comments

Latest activity by earias, on August 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM
  • Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Try searching the Rumba box step. You can practice in your living room and look coordinated.

• Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ahh I don’t even know the names of these dances. Thank you! I’ll look into it.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    I was also going to mention the box step. It's so easy that even my husband could do it and he's not a dancer at all. It also looks good especially if you add a few spins.
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How long did it take him to learn?
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Our first dance was to Can't Help Falling in Love. I think I played it about 4 times (on different days) and we just danced the few minutes the song played so that in total it took him less than 30 minutes. We started about a month before the wedding.

• Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! Maybe this is possible after all. Thank you so much, this will look so much nicer than that awkward prom sway.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Our first dance

Slow dances for dummies

Here's a video of our first dance so you can see him dancing the box step. We had our band leader invite everyone to join us after about 30 seconds.

• Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You guys are so cute. I love that little kiss he snuck in there, so adorable!!! ❤️ Thank you for sharing, gosh I hope we look like that. FH tends to frown when he’s concentrating, lol he’d look like a grump.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks! I wasn't even sure we would dance our first dance because of his social anxiety. I let him leave the decision up in the air until about 5 minutes before we got up there to dance. So I was very pleasantly surprised that he even remembered how to dance and he looked good!

• Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    He doesn’t look nervous at all! ❤️ He looks relaxed and smiling, wrapped up in the joy of the moment. That’s a video to show off for years to come, he did a really good job.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks, it is definitely one of my favorite memories of the night. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics