We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Gabrielle
Dedicated November 2020

Skipping the wedding

Gabrielle, on August 7, 2020 at 9:17 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 6
Saved Save
Anyone else keep waking up every morning wishing they were already married? Considering just going and signing the papers! Has anyone done that? Any regrets? Skipping the wedding 1

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on August 8, 2020 at 4:02 AM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

My fiance and I are are legally getting married in october and out wedding is in March. We started dating 10/6, got engaged a few years later on that same date so we decided it was only right to make it official that same day this year. Do whatever you and your fiance wants to do!!

• Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    I think this is a normal feeling both with wedding planning stress and now the pandemic stress.

I have felt this way, and the closer we get to the date the more ready I am to be “done” with it. It’s natural.
    I will happily wait for our date because it’s meaningful to us. But in the meantime I’ll probably still continue to wish otherwise
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I felt that way even pre pandemic aha i think it’s cause the logistics of planning an event like that can be stressful
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I feel you on this! We have already had a two-year engagement, then had to postpone our wedding until fall 2021 because of the pandemic.
    We had planned everything down to every last detail and were so excited about getting married, then were blindsided with this virus situation. At one point I said I am just over all of it, let’s just go to the courthouse and sign the papers. Thankfully, FH talked me out of it! He reminded me how amazing our day is going to be & the incredible memories we are going to create with our family and friends. Now, I am soooooo relieved he talked me out of it & I am excited (albeit impatient lol) about our wedding again! One thing that really helps me is focusing on milestones (ie, paying off a vendor. Picking up my dress, sending out save the dates, etc.) it is much easier to focus on the next task/milestone, rather than thinking that our wedding is an entire year away.
  • Emly
    Expert June 2020
    Emly ·
    • Flag

I think it really depends on you guys as a couple. My Husband and I just went ahead and got married on our original date in an "elopement" style minimony. Let me tell you I am so so so happy I am married to the love of my life and to be able to look at him and say "yeah, thats my husband". I wouldn't change our day for the world and the happiness far out ways the regrets. But with that I do definitely have regrets about doing what we did. Just the simple fact that when other people talk about their full wedding shebang, we cant relate, even though we went through the full painstaking process of planning it. We will never get that full wedding day experience that most have.

If you do plan on just signing the papers I HIGHLY recommend you get a photographer for the day. If your not wearing your original dress then get a new fun one and just have a photo shoot to remember the day. This is one element of our wedding we kept and I will be forever happy that i did.

Whatever you do just remember the reason your getting married be cause at the end of the day thats all that matters. Smiley heart

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

...Iiiiiiiiiiii may have told DH once or a million times that I was more than happy to drag him to City Hall.

Not that I didn't want a wedding, but I wanted to be married more.

I think that's an excellent sign that you've picked the right person, if it's any consolation!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles