April
Savvy November 2020

Skipping cake cutting??

April, on September 15, 2019 at 2:53 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 19
Saved Save
Is there anyone else that is and/or considering skipping cake cutting? Well we’re reallllly prioritizing our budget and what’s most important to us.. we are doing a donut display that is provided through our vendor.. we were debating doing a small one tier cake just to cut but might skip this expense totally, anyone else doing the same?

19 Comments

• N
    Dedicated November 2019
    Nita ·
    We’re skipping the cake cutting! My FH doesn’t like the texture of cake and I don’t love it either so we’re not spending the money. We’re doing a donut display as well!
  • Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny Online ·
    What about a dohnut cutting?
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Agreed! I feel like it’s a great alternative and it’s much more affordable than a cake or if we were to do cupcakes.
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a thought! Would probably be pretty funny too 😃
  • Mariana
    Devoted October 2019
    Mariana ·
    My FH and I did an arrangement for our wedding cake to be a small layer for us (won't be cutting either, just taking home) and cupcakes all around (like 100-120 between vanilla and chocolate. We have big families and there was no way we could've stayed to a 60 limit person wedding 🤦🏻‍♀️). We don't like cake that much either, and the cupcake deal got us way a whole save on budget than ordering a 3 or 4 layer custom cake almost no one would end up eating or wouldn't be equally shared. So we went with the "whoever wants a cupcake can have one, and whoever doesn't can just leave it".

Ps: also, we have many kids coming to our wedding so we know those cupcakes won't go to waste 😂
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    We had a cake and didn't do the cake cutting. I doubt anyone noticed!
  • E
    Dedicated July 2020
    Emily ·
    We won’t be doing one either! We’re planning to just display cupcakes at this point for people to take as they want after dinner.
  • M
    Super September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Good answer, good answer‼️

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    We didn’t do a cake cutting! We just had several different desserts for our guests.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    You don’t need to have a cake or a cake cutting but you do need to provide some sort of dessert!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I think you can do a little donut segment instead aha I don't see why not. Cut a donut ahah
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol yes, as I mentioned we are doing donuts
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahah that’s what I’m thinking at this point! I think it would be hilarious, FH a really wants a “cake cutting” but we probably aren’t going to have a cake soooo donut cutting sounds good to me 🙃
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds perfect! We were back and forth about cupcakes but our venues price for donuts will save us a bit of money, and I love donuts 🤤
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Right?! Love that idea
  • Mariana
    Devoted October 2019
    Mariana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That's awesome!! Specially if the venue's including it!! I'm sure besides staying on budget, you'll enjoy that much more 🤭 Best wishes!!!
  • A
    Super September 2019
    Anna ·
    Yes we are! We’re getting a cake but I find it weird to feed each other and cut into it with everyone crowded around you and pictures being taken. Yeah no thank you I just want the cake in my mouth 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • April
    Savvy November 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Agreeeed!!!! All I want to do is get married, eat and dance 🤣 nothing else
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina ·
    We are doing cupcakes and not planning on doing any official "cutting". For those that didn't, how did guests know it was okay to start eating the desserts? Obviously the cake cutting is usually the sign that cake is now available.

Comment on this discussion